PDA

View Full Version : CD questions

mike3
13 August 2006, 01:26 PM
I am planning on making a CD with everything that I have so far and sending it to relatives.

My plan is to put this on the CD:
- family web cards
- all scanned docs and photos (I have these in HTML pages for easy viewing)
- .ged of my reunion file

Can anyone advise me on things like the best brand of CD to use?

Or using CD labels?

Or how to safely ship a CD?

Thanks.

best,
Mike

Bob White
13 August 2006, 08:09 PM
I used to mail several dozen CD's each month in the standard light cardboard CD mailers that you will find in any office supply store such as OfficeMax, Staples, etc.. Approx 99% of them arrived safely.

As to brand of CD, you should be OK if you recognize the name. I shy away from "in-house" brand items in standard disposables like CD's, photo paper, etc. Any of the usual suspects --- Memorex, Maxell, Sony, etc.. --- will be just fine.

Kim
14 August 2006, 09:55 PM
Or how to safely ship a CD?

I save the 'mailers' from the Earthlink and AOL cds and use those when I want to share data.

mike3
24 August 2006, 10:15 AM
I used to mail several dozen CD's each month in the standard light cardboard CD mailers that you will find in any office supply store such as OfficeMax, Staples, etc.. Approx 99% of them arrived safely.

As to brand of CD, you should be OK if you recognize the name. I shy away from "in-house" brand items in standard disposables like CD's, photo paper, etc. Any of the usual suspects --- Memorex, Maxell, Sony, etc.. --- will be just fine.

Thanks, Bob, I appreciate the info.

Mike
former Sacramentan