PDA

View Full Version : Ancestry.co.uk Export GEDCOM

newtonuk
04 August 2006, 11:02 AM
I'm sorry if this is a bit off topic but I'm getting no response from Ancestry's support team.

Does anybody know if it's possible to export a GEDCOM file from my data on Ancestry.co.uk?

The information is in what I believe is called a Personal Family Tree.

Thanks

tismeinaz
04 August 2006, 08:47 PM
I'm sorry if this is a bit off topic but I'm getting no response from Ancestry's support team.

Does anybody know if it's possible to export a GEDCOM file from my data on Ancestry.co.uk?

Thanks

I haven't done it myself, but my understanding is that you got your info on to Ancestry by loading a gedcom to it. So you should be able to retrieve it as well. Also, You might try going to rootsweb.com and going thru the help there.

lmac
20 August 2006, 02:26 PM

Thanks

Newtonuk,

Have you found a solution yet? I'm wrestling with the same problem...and no help from Ancestry.com. They don't seem to understand my question. All I'd like to do is move the data from their site into my local Reunion database.

newtonuk
20 August 2006, 02:43 PM
Hi there, I was told that they were working on it and an expected delivery time was around two weeks...

...that was two weeks ago!

I'll give them another week and then re-raise my question.

I'll keep you updated if I hear anything.

newtonuk
22 August 2006, 07:35 AM
Okay, I've re-raised my question to Ancestry and am now waiting their response.

I'll let you know the outcome in about a weeks time!

Suhada
22 August 2006, 10:21 AM
I have the same problem.
I've entered data for about 45 people into ancestry.co.uk and now want to get the data out into a local database!!
I'll try and contact ancestry.co.uk too to keep the momentum going!!

newtonuk
23 August 2006, 05:07 PM
Ancestry have replied....

"We apologize for the inconvenience. We are still working on adding that function to our site. We don't have an official release date, but the it is currently in the works. Hopefully within the next couple of weeks. Thank you for your patience."

Must be the standard response!