PDA

View Full Version : Converting Family Tree Maker files

munchkin138
30 July 2006, 02:59 PM
without going into a long story I have several Family tree maker for Mac files but no longer have my CD to reinstall so I can convert them to GedCom

does anyone do this service or know how to get around this - I just don't want to lose what I have - I can't recreate

theKiwi
30 July 2006, 07:07 PM
eMail me the files all zipped or stuffed together and I'll take a look at them with Family Treemaker 2005 which is the latest Windows version I have.

Somewhere I have a CD for FTM Mac too, but "hopefully" the Windows version will open them

rogerkiwi@aol.com

Roger

Bob White
01 August 2006, 03:20 AM
I will volunteer as the alternate volunteer here. Not only do I know where my Mac FTM CD is but I have it installed on the Classic side of my G4 iBook. Feel free to send to me if the Kiwi can't convert them. (sactobob at mac.com)

Scott Wagner
01 August 2006, 09:26 AM
munchkin138: without going into a long story I have several Family tree maker for Mac files but no longer have my CD to reinstall so I can convert them to GedCom

does anyone do this service or know how to get around this - I just don't want to lose what I have - I can't recreate

As a confirmed packrat, I have FTM v1 for Mac and I can convert the file to a GEDCOM if Roger is not successful.

theKiwi
01 August 2006, 10:09 AM
I have converted his file a couple of days ago, so all is well.

Roger