PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Trying to Open Very-Old Non-Mac FTM File

David G. Kanter
17 July 2006, 01:00 AM
A fellow researcher has sent me a .FTM file (180 KB) he created with some very ancient, unspecified, non-Mac version of Family Tree Maker. (He thinks it may be from the DOS era and isn't sure that it hasn't been corrupted in some point in time.) He's been unable to open it so that he could export a GEDCOM to save me some--perhaps, a lot of--keystrokes. Might there be a fellow ReunionTalker who thinks they might be able open it and do the GEDCOM export? If so, please let me know how to reach you--either by a reply post or a private e-mail. (See my signature for my camouflaged e-mail address.)

Troy
17 July 2006, 09:34 AM
David---

I have a PC and some older versions of FTM with the earliest one being Version 7.

I would be happy to try to open the file and convert, if you would like me to; but that may not be early enough.

Let me know.

Take care.

Troy---

David G. Kanter
17 July 2006, 11:53 AM
I would be happy to try to open the file and convert, if you would like me to. . .Thanks, I would. Please e-mail me privately so I know where to send the file. (I've had another private response offering to help and I'll be sending the file there, but with the uncertainty surrounding this "ancient" file, at least a couple of parallel attempts are much appreciated.)

theKiwi
17 July 2006, 01:28 PM
The file has been converted and sent back to David.

He'll have fun sorting it out as EVERYTHING IN IT SEEMS TO BE TYPED IN UPPERCASE.

Roger

David G. Kanter
17 July 2006, 06:35 PM
The file has been converted and sent back to David.Many thanks to Roger and Troy for their "instant" assistance. I'm now set.