PDA

View Full Version : web card problems

Susan Assmus
27 June 2006, 05:22 PM
I am trying to generate web family cards to put on a cd for my cousin. I have done the same thing before without any problems. This tiime, I am generating huge files. I finally realized that the web cards are including parents of spouses of relatives. I do not have these people marked and am chosing the option to include only families where at least one spouse is marked. Can anyone tell me why am I getting all of these extra files in my web cards? Thanks.

David G. Kanter
24 July 2006, 08:48 PM
I am trying to generate web family cards to put on a cd for my cousin. I have done the same thing before without any problems. This tiime, I am generating huge files.I've spoken to Susan and as her new Web Family folder is still much smaller than the capacity of a CD, so far it doesn't appear that the too-big-to-burn problem she's having is related to it being a Reunion-generated file. (She's checking for a more global problem with her computer & CD burner.)

I finally realized that the web cards are including parents of spouses of relatives. I do not have these people marked and am chosing the option to include only families where at least one spouse is marked. Can anyone tell me why am I getting all of these extra files in my web cards?You really aren't. You should find the information on those unmarked parents is just their names and Birth & Death Dates; they aren't "clickable" as their Family Cards aren't included (as they weren't marked). They are present on a marked-person's Web Family Card, as are the unclickable names of any unmarked children, just to complete the 3-generation span that's normal for any Family Card--and, therefore, for the marked person's Web Family Card.