PDA

View Full Version : Viewing sources on web cards

Susan Assmus
15 March 2005, 01:03 PM
Can anyone tell me how to have the sources show up on my web cards? I am creating a family history cd using files created by exporting web cards. When I created the web cards I checked show sources, but the only thing that shows up on the cards is the number of the source. The actual source citation does not appear anywhere.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

G Rey
15 March 2005, 07:00 PM
The source number should be a link. Click it and you should see the source list.

AE Palmer
15 March 2005, 07:38 PM
The opening webpage also has a link to the source list.

Susan Assmus
16 March 2005, 09:33 PM
The source number should be a link. Click it and you should see the source list.
I checked this but the source numbers on my cards do not provide a link, nor is there a link to sources on my opening web page. What am I doing wrong?

Sue Phillips
17 March 2005, 09:59 AM
Can anyone tell me how to have the sources show up on my web cards? I am creating a family history cd using files created by exporting web cards. When I created the web cards I checked show sources, but the only thing that shows up on the cards is the number of the source. The actual source citation does not appear anywhere.I've posted on this same topic in the Wish List thread. I very much want the source and the source detail to appear directly on the web person sheets. I have found that most people do not understand what the numbers mean and do not see that there are sources. And when they do understand and consult the sources on the separate page, there is no way for anyone to print the information on an ancestor complete with sources and source details. In essence, all of my hard work at documenting the sources is being lost.

Sue Phillips
Austin, Texas

Raizel
17 March 2005, 11:42 PM
I've posted on this same topic in the Wish List thread. I very much want the source and the source detail to appear directly on the web person sheets.I agree! I too have requested footnotes. I find subscript in HTML (web) not very good and the numbers misleading (looks like typos). Also, when you want to print off a person's sheet, it's all there. my request was for choice of either footnotes or endnotes, as this opiton is common in print publishing.

Susan Dakin
01 February 2010, 01:33 AM
I agree! I too have requested footnotes. I find subscript in HTML (web) not very good and the numbers misleading (looks like typos). Also, when you want to print off a person's sheet, it's all there. my request was for choice of either footnotes or endnotes, as this opiton is common in print publishing.

Me too! I found this exchange when looking for how to include the sources on each person sheet, and now I find that it is not an option! Phooey!