PDA

View Full Version : How do you use the marriage fields?

blurped
10 January 2018, 06:31 PM
Let's say you have a married couple. Where do you put the marriage information? In the shared field for the couple, or individually in the events tab on both their profiles?

It seems like a lot of duplicate work to fill in all 3 places.

alan
10 January 2018, 06:59 PM
I only put the marriage details in the box above the couple. There is a memo box to the right when you enter the marriage detail, but I tend to put anything of interest in the Notes field only.
This avoids all the duplication you mention.
If you wish you can always use; cmd-V & cmd-C to copy and paste which is much easier in my view.

Alan

blurped
10 January 2018, 07:20 PM
True, I'm definitely considering this route. Though it is nice to open up the events tab and see all their marriages listed. Helps me to better visualize it:

jmayes
11 January 2018, 08:05 AM
You can add into the person 'card' "Other spouses"

Goto" Preferences -> Family View

At the bottom middle of the window click on the button to "Add Field", Choose "Other Spouses"

Kaye Saunders
11 January 2018, 07:21 PM
You can add into the person 'card' "Other spouses"

Goto" Preferences -> Family View

At the bottom middle of the window click on the button to "Add Field", Choose "Other Spouses"Thank you so much - I didn't know about this and have only been using Reunion since before it became Reunion. This will be really useful.

Kaye

blurped
11 January 2018, 07:29 PM
Thank you so much - I didn't know about this and have only been using Reunion since before it became Reunion. This will be really useful.

KayeAwesome! Great tip!

macRBC
12 January 2018, 06:22 PM
Thank you so much - I didn't know about this and have only been using Reunion since before it became Reunion. This will be really useful.

Kaye

I love this field (other spouse(s)). In addition, I show other children field, so I see all the kids the husband and/or wife has in addition to ones showing (aside from the option of clicking the "v" beside person's name).