PDA

View Full Version : Burning cd's revisited

Ruth Glenister
17 April 2006, 08:43 PM
I am running Reunion 8.05 on my Mac 10.3.9. I thought I had burned my family file on to a CD, but when tested on another computer, all that showed was the title of the file with the notation "no bytes." When I click on to the CD on my computer, all the data shows up. However, if I add some notes to the family history and without burning again go back to the CD, the new notes appear when they should not. The same thing happens when I use my Imation Super Disc. What am I doing wrong?
Ruth

Dennis J. Cunniff
18 April 2006, 06:24 AM
... I thought I had burned my family file on to a CD, but when tested on another computer, all that showed was the title of the file with the notation "no bytes." When I click on to the CD on my computer, all the data shows up... What am I doing wrong?Just a wild guess, and please don't be offended, but did you accidentally burn a CD with the alias of your family file on it?

Ruth Glenister
18 April 2006, 08:42 AM
Dennis - you are most diplomatic! I am not offended - and, yes, I did use the alias. I thought, until now, that the alias was the same thing as the original file. Just copied my family file successfully. THANK YOU!
Ruth

Dennis J. Cunniff
18 April 2006, 10:45 PM
Dennis - you are most diplomatic! I am not offended - and, yes, I did use the alias. I thought, until now, that the alias was the same thing as the original file. Just copied my family file successfully. THANK YOU!
Ruth

Glad we got the problem diagnosed! On the bright side, used-yet-functionally-blank CDs make excellent coasters....