PDA

View Full Version : How to keep a surname from appearing on web cards.

Blaise A. Darveaux
12 March 2005, 09:31 PM
Does anyone know how I can get Reunion to automatically leave out a family's surname when I make web cards? Privacy filtering options KEEP the surname and hide the first names (or hides the whole name). The Sensitive Date Delimiters apply only to multimedia items, note, and memo fields in reports. I have been editing the individual web pages, but that is awkward and sometimes I forget. Is there a better way?

Dennis J. Cunniff
13 March 2005, 12:29 AM
Does anyone know how I can get Reunion to automatically leave out a family's surname when I make web cards? Privacy filtering options KEEP the surname and hide the first names (or hides the whole name). The Sensitive Date Delimiters apply only to multimedia items, note, and memo fields in reports. I have been editing the individual web pages, but that is awkward and sometimes I forget. Is there a better way?

Options -> Reports... -> Privacy Filter

Under "What to do with private people" set Name: to "Omit", and additional text to "Private" or "Confidential" (or "None").

This "should" get the job done, but I haven't tested it.

Blaise A. Darveaux
13 March 2005, 02:18 PM
Nope, that doesn't do it. None of the options allow for just the surname to be excluded.
Thanks anyway.

Eirik StrÝm
26 March 2005, 09:03 AM
You are clearly trying to do something that Reunion does not support yet as an automated function, although I should not be surprised if a future version of Reunion might do just what you ask for.

In the meantime, there are ways to move your work with editing web cards into the family file. This will also prove to be cumbersome, still you may feel more assured that you make no slips due to forgetfulness. And while other techniques (such as a multifile search and replace operation on your web files through a suitable text editor after proper preparations) will prove more effective for deleting surnames, this method secures the integrity of your surname and index pages, which I suppose you use.

So, in case you feel this may after all prove less troublesome than editing web cards, here goes:

1. In your ordinary family file, define a new flag called

Blaise A. Darveaux
03 March 2006, 10:33 AM
Thanks Eirik,

I may not do exactly as you say to do, but you have given me some ideas to make it easier. There are only three cards to change (plus the index and the surname list), but if I set the flag, duplicate the file, search, change, then make web cards, it should be easier then what I am doing now.

--Blaise