PDA

View Full Version : Home Family

jcherepy
01 July 2015, 11:00 PM
Tapping on the little house icon does not do anything. Does not the Home Family carry over to Touch?

mjashby
02 July 2015, 06:23 AM
Tapping on the little house icon does not do anything. Does not the Home Family carry over to Touch?

I don't believe it does, but you can set the Home Family in Reunion Touch. I presume the design logic is that you may want to adjust the setting in ReunionTouch without altering your Master File as you similarly have to set bookmarks etc. separately in each app. That would certainly be the case if you allowed someone else access to the file.

Mervyn

jcherepy
02 July 2015, 08:53 AM
I don't believe it does, but you can set the Home Family in Reunion Touch. I presume the design logic is that you may want to adjust the setting in ReunionTouch without altering your Master File as you similarly have to set bookmarks etc. separately in each app. That would certainly be the case if you allowed someone else access to the file.

Mervyn

Well, if there is a way to set a Home Family/Individual, I can't figure out how. Now when I tap the Home icon it takes me to an arbitrarily assigned person in the middle of the tree.

Frank
02 July 2015, 08:57 AM
Open the manual and tap the item "Home Family" in the list of topics.

Does not the Home Family carry over to TouchIt does. But Mervyn is correct: if you subsequently change the home family on the Mac or device, they are independent.

jcherepy
02 July 2015, 09:23 AM
Open the manual and tap the item "Home Family" in the list of topics.

It does. But Mervyn is correct: if you subsequently change the home family on the Mac or device, they are independent.

And where is the Touch manual? I have the Home family set in the Reunion.

Never Mind, I found it.