PDA

View Full Version : Collage of photos

martha
08 March 2006, 04:41 AM
Does anyone know of a way either to get iphoto to make a collage of photos or of freeware that will do that? I would like to take all the family photos that I have in a certain line in Reunion and make a collage of them for the front cover of the Family History. Can anyone steer me in the right direction?

Many thanks in advance!
Martha

Stephen Hill
08 March 2006, 07:20 PM
Hi Martha

Having made many photo collages I would suggest that you make the collage on the "kitchen table" then shoot it with a digital camera and then put it into iPhoto.

Print out the pictures you want in a variety of sizes. Make cut-outs of some. Do some in sepia tone and some in black and white. Weave the cut-outs in front and behind each other giving an organic feel to the whole. This cuts down on too many straight edges. To reduce white edges on the photographs stroke the edges with a paint brush using a dark grey gouache or ink

I know it doesn't answer your question but I believe it would be the quickest and most enjoyable way to do it and a very stress free way to do what is a labour of love. Have fun

Steve Hill

Al mitchell
08 March 2006, 09:41 PM
Does anyone know of a way either to get iphoto to make a collage of photos or of freeware that will do that? I would like to take all the family photos that I have in a certain line in Reunion and make a collage of them for the front cover of the Family History. Can anyone steer me in the right direction?
Hi Martha
Since you have iPhoto, a collage is at your finger tips. Select or create an album of the photos you want to use, select the "book" button and pick "Collage" for your book. If this freebee is not to your liking, I would suggest using Adobe Photoshop Elements.

martha
09 March 2006, 07:47 AM
Hi Martha
Since you have iPhoto, a collage is at your finger tips. Select or create an album of the photos you want to use, select the "book" button and pick "Collage" for your book. If this freebee is not to your liking, I would suggest using Adobe Photoshop Elements.

I want to thank you and everyone who helped me with this. Because I am in a rush to complete the work for the moment, I tried to use iPhoto as Al suggested. (Actually I tried everything that everyone suggested and opted for this as a stopgap measure until I learn more). In iPhoto book, as far as I could make out, there is a limit to 6 photos per page, so what I did was to make two collages, and make a screen shot of each. Then I imported both shots into a Word doc and tested that by printing it out. It was perfectly satisfactory, even if not exactly what I had in mind originally, so I printed it out on photopaper and voil

Edward Linggi
10 March 2006, 04:04 AM
There is a program called MozoDojo which is a mosaic creator. It works well and is very simple to use. It works with the iphoto albums. the homepage is:
http://ktd.club.fr/programmation/mozodojo.php

Bob White
11 March 2006, 12:51 AM
Martha: I would suggest that you purchase iWork if you haven't already done so. Using Pages (the successor to AppleWorks), your collage would be a 5-minute job. One can drag photos directly from the iPhoto window to the blank Pages document. Once there, one can move, resize, bring forward, send to back, etc. --- very very EZ....