Relationships Not Showing for Some Members of Same Family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Relationships Not Showing for Some Members of Same Family

I am having an issue with the relationships not showing with in a family. John Doe is married to Jane Doe...they have 5 children. Children are: Franciscus (my GGG Uncle), Carl; Amelia, Benjamin, and Peter. The only one that has the relationship showing is Franciscus. The other 4 GGG aunts/uncles have no "relationship" indicated. Franciscus' father James Doe is not showing as a relative and their is James Doe's father Peter. It's almost like there is a break in the relationship link. Can someone please advise what might be causing this issue and how I can fix it.

Thanks,
    Kim

Re: Relationships Not Showing for Some Members of Same Family

Let me ask the obvious... Were these people recently added? If so, have you refreshed Find Relatives back at your designated Source Person since? If that has been done, we can move on to less obvious possibilities.
    Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
    Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
    iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Bob, thanks so much for the quick reply.

No, they have not been added recently. I have tried the refresh of Find Relatives several times, but that has not fixed the issue. I even moved those that were not showing up as relatives to the clipboard, then "added" them back into the parents but that didn't help either. Thought maybe that might "reconnect" them.....

Comment

I am a bit confused with the names and relationships you present.

At one point you say the father of Franciscus is John Doe and at another point it is James Doe.

Then you say that all five kids are GGG aunts and uncles. One of them must be a direct line ancestor or the others wouldn't be aunts and uncles, right?

Aside from these issues, look for multiple records for the same person/people in this branch that would prevent the Find Relatives to show what you know is the truth.

Comment

Let me see if I can explain it a little better.

Peter Doe is married to Isabella Doe:
          They have 1 son named Philip who is married to Anna
          Philip and Anna have the following children:
          1. Franciscus (my GGG Uncle)
          2. Carol
          3. Amelia
          4. Benjamin
          5. Petrus

Franciscus, #1 above, is the only one showing as a relative. Hope this makes better sense.
          Thanks,
          Kim

Comment

Working...
          X