Misc. event changed to ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Misc. event changed to ?

After I upgraded to Reunion 12, all of the Misc. events throughout my entire database have been changed to ?. Is there a simple way to change them all back? I have 626 ? fields and I don't want to do it manually.

Thanks!

Claire

Re: Misc. event changed to ?

Originally posted by claires View Post
    After I upgraded to Reunion 12, all of the Misc. events throughout my entire database have been changed to ?
    You should be able to go into Field Preferences and rename the '?' field to whatever you desire.

From Reunion 12's main menubar, choose Preferences from the Reunion menu. In the Preferences window click on Fields. Find the '?' event in the list of person events and rename it and add any appropriate abbreviations for that event.

We would like to take a look at your Reunion 11 family file to see why the name of the Misc. Event was changed. If you don't mind, would you send a copy of your Reunion 11 family file to help@leisterpro.com.

Thanks.
    Gregg Witmer
    Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      You should be able to go into Field Preferences and rename the '?' field to whatever you desire.

From Reunion 12's main menubar, choose Preferences from the Reunion menu. In the Preferences window click on Fields. Find the '?' event in the list of person events and rename it and add any appropriate abbreviations for that event.

We would like to take a look at your Reunion 11 family file to see why the name of the Misc. Event was changed. If you don't mind, would you send a copy of your Reunion 11 family file to help@leisterpro.com.

Thanks.
      Thanks Gregg! There's already a Misc. Event field so I can't just rename ? to Misc. Event. I don't really want a new field. What now?

I'd be happy to send my file but it's 710.5 Mb, too big for email.

Claire

Comment

Originally posted by claires View Post
        There's already a Misc. Event field so I can't just rename?
        Rename the old Misc Event field to "Old Misc Event" and rename "?" to "Misc Event."

The only place you will see "Old Misc Event" will be in the Field Preferences window.
        Gregg Witmer
        Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
          Rename the old Misc Event field to "Old Misc Event" and rename "?" to "Misc Event."

The only place you will see "Old Misc Event" will be in the Field Preferences window.
          Thanks Gregg! This took care of the problem.

Comment

Working...
          X