How do you use the marriage fields?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you use the marriage fields?

Let's say you have a married couple. Where do you put the marriage information? In the shared field for the couple, or individually in the events tab on both their profiles?

It seems like a lot of duplicate work to fill in all 3 places.
    Attached Files
    http://www.eastwoodbungalow.com

Re: How do you use the marriage fields?

I only put the marriage details in the box above the couple. There is a memo box to the right when you enter the marriage detail, but I tend to put anything of interest in the Notes field only.
    This avoids all the duplication you mention.
    If you wish you can always use; cmd-V & cmd-C to copy and paste which is much easier in my view.

Alan
    iMac 27" (late 2015) 2TB, 24GB Ram, (Monterey 12.3.1) iPad Pro 12.9" 256GB (Ios 14.4), iPhone 6S+ 128GB (Ios 14.4), Reunion 13,

Comment

True, I'm definitely considering this route. Though it is nice to open up the events tab and see all their marriages listed. Helps me to better visualize it:
      Attached Files

Comment

You can add into the person 'card' "Other spouses"

Goto" Preferences -> Family View

At the bottom middle of the window click on the button to "Add Field", Choose "Other Spouses"

Comment

Originally posted by jmayes View Post
          You can add into the person 'card' "Other spouses"

Goto" Preferences -> Family View

At the bottom middle of the window click on the button to "Add Field", Choose "Other Spouses"
          Thank you so much - I didn't know about this and have only been using Reunion since before it became Reunion. This will be really useful.

Kaye

Comment

Originally posted by Kaye Saunders View Post
            Thank you so much - I didn't know about this and have only been using Reunion since before it became Reunion. This will be really useful.

Kaye
            Awesome! Great tip!

Comment

Originally posted by Kaye Saunders View Post

Kaye
              I love this field (other spouse(s)). In addition, I show other children field, so I see all the kids the husband and/or wife has in addition to ones showing (aside from the option of clicking the "v" beside person's name).
              ====
              macRBC
              Reunion user since 2009
              macOS 10.11.16 El Capitan
              Reunion v11.0.11

Comment

Working...
              X