Child Status & Sensitive Info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Child Status & Sensitive Info

I am trying to generate a register report with privacy on AND to show child status' (such as "From Previous Marriage", "Adopted", etc). It seems that with privacy active, all such information is automatically hidden and there doesn't seem to be a way to customize that. Any ideas?

Added screen shots of settings windows.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Mark C Munro; 25 December 2017, 10:57 PM.

Re: Child Status & Sensitive Info

Originally posted by Mark C Munro View Post
    I am trying to generate a register report with privacy on AND to show child status' (such as "From Previous Marriage", "Adopted", etc). It seems that with privacy active, all such information is automatically hidden and there doesn't seem to be a way to customize that. Any ideas?
    The privacy filter should not be hiding the child statuses.

Is it possible that you have designated these child statuses as Sensitive? To check this choose Reunion > Preferences > Child Status from Reunion's main menubar.

Also, note that the child status will only appear next to a person's name when that person is being listed as a child and not when the person appears as a main descendant in the report.
    Gregg Witmer
    Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

I do not have the Reunion > Preferences > Child Status > Sensitive setting checked, although I tried it both checked and unchecked. And, yes, I know that the status will only appear by the child under the parent. The pattern seems clear; child status is hidden for living people when privacy is on. Turn off privacy and it appears.

I even have situations where a living person and deceased person both have a status and one shows up and the other doesn't when privacy setting is on.

Any other suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by Mark C Munro View Post
        The pattern seems clear; child status is hidden for living people when privacy is on. Turn off privacy and it appears.
        Yes, this is correct.

If Reunion has determined that a person is to be reported as private, then the child status for that person is hidden under the privacy filter.

Anyone else in the report will appear with their child status.
        Gregg Witmer
        Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Working...
        X