import Sidebar Person into My Family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

import Sidebar Person into My Family

Can anyone tell me how to import a person (including all spouse and offspring entries) from my sidebar into my family group without losing any info from my existing family entries (he will have brothers and parents already entered) or his family entries (ie. spouse and offspring). I am using Reunion 10 on a Mac.

Many Thanks, Pat Rossi

Re: import Sidebar Person into My Family

Originally posted by Pat Rossi View Post
    Can anyone tell me how to import a person (including all spouse and offspring entries) from my sidebar into my family group without losing any info from my existing family entries (he will have brothers and parents already entered) or his family entries (ie. spouse and offspring). I am using Reunion 10 on a Mac.
    Based on your note, it sounds like you plan to add him as a child to a family already entered?

If that is the case, navigate to the family view where his brothers are shown as children (in the children section of the family view) below their parents.

Then, click on the "+ Children" button and select "Add Male Child from the Sidebar."

Next, "drag" his name directly from the People sidebar into the children section of the current family view.

You should be asked if you want to add <him> as the child of <his parents>.

Finally, click "Add."

The links to his spouse and children should follow along with him.

I hope you find this information helpful in doing what you want.

However, if my reply did not answer your question, please provide more details about how (or to whom) this person should be linked.

Thanks
    Deb Stuller
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Working...
    X