Updating ReunionTouch on husband's iPad, not mine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updating ReunionTouch on husband's iPad, not mine

I can't recall how I did it (!) but a little over a year ago I made Reunion Touch available to my husband for use on his iPad just for viewing purposes. He's been receiving the notifications that the update is available, but he keeps being asked to log on using MY Apple ID, which was my Apple ID at the time I bought Reunion, and when I bought Reunion Touch. But my Apple ID has changed. So when he clicks on "Update" and gets the window asking him to sign in to iTunes Store and enter the password for my account he's totally stymied because that Apple ID no longer even exists.

I also have been totally leery about using Dropbox with my working Reunion files, so had uploaded a file of a different name to Dropbox for him to use only as reference, looking at his file...not actually working on it...while we were out of the country and away from my iMac.

His family file has changed significantly since I did that, and I haven't uploaded a fresh version of his "dummy" file to Dropbox recently. I assume if I do that, it'll satisfy his immediate need just to see what's there, without actually updating to a the new v1.03. But I still wonder what the solution would be to actually get that new version onto his iPad. Where have I lost the thread in being able to share that tree with him? Feeling stupid here!

Re: Updating ReunionTouch on husband's iPad, not mine

Originally posted by Judith Morris View Post
    So when he clicks on "Update" and gets the window asking him to sign in to iTunes Store and enter the password for my account he's totally stymied because that Apple ID no longer even exists.
    It would be best to contact Apple about this issue as the problem appears to be with your App Store/iTunes account(s). While I could provide a few suggestions as to what you could try, I'm not sure they would work (and could just cause more problems). Contacting Apple will likely resolve the issue much faster and with less trial-and-error.

I assume if I do that, it'll satisfy his immediate need just to see what's there, without actually updating to a the new v1.03.
    That's correct. He doesn't need to update to 1.03 in order to load the family file into ReunionTouch.

HTH
    Mark Harrison
    Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Thanks Mark...will go with what you said.

Comment

“I can't recall how I did it (!) but a little over a year ago I made Reunion Touch available to my husband for use on his iPad just for viewing purposes.”

Does anyone know how to set that up as she describes (for viewing only)?
        Last edited by Art Landrey; 25 October 2017, 12:05 AM. Reason: Clarity of question

Comment

Hi Art,

She probably used one of the methods outlined in this FAQ:

HTH
          Mark Harrison
          Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Working...
          X