This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Approximate dates

I am using Reunion 10. I have several instances of approximate dates ("abt", "bef", "aft" followed by a date), such as "aft 1969". I would like to change these abbreviations to read, "about", "before", "after" followed by the date (such as “after 1969”). Any help is appreciated!! Thanks!!!

Re: Approximate dates

In Reunion 11, and presumably also your Reunion 10 version,
    go to Reunion -> Preferences -> Date
    and under the Format tab select “Full name” instead of “Abbreviate”.
    Byron Spoon

Comment

It's already on abbreviate. I think this for names of months, not what I was talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by brcox1 View Post
        It's already on abbreviate. I think this for names of months, not what I was talking about.
        No. This will change BOTH settings, not just the month abbreviation. There is no option to change one or the other. You need to change this to "Full name" to change "abt" to "about". AND it will also change name of month to full name of month.
        Byron Spoon

Comment

Thank you for your suggestion. Since I don't want to change the month's names to "full" and can't change the others without doing this, I will just leave them as they are.

Comment

Originally posted by ByronSpoon View Post
            In Reunion 11, and presumably also your Reunion 10 version,
            go to Reunion -> Preferences -> Date
            and under the Format tab select “Full name” instead of “Abbreviate”.
            Wow - thank you! I didn't even know I wanted to do this - it just changed all my "abt"s to "about". I never would have thought of this and it looks much nicer.

I have a related question. I often used "circa" in events and want to change it to "about" but you evidently cannot do find and replace in the date field. Any suggestions? Do I have to just manually replace each instance of circa?
            Terri Works - Fifth Generation Californian
            Using Reunion 11 and High Sierra OS

Comment

Working...
            X