X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changed ancestor but relationship sticks to original

Hi -

I had "Isaac" for my GGGG Grandfather, but better evidence says it was his brother "Joseph". I changed the parent-child connection to the children below, and changed the Direct Ancestors Bold…but Isaac is still listed as my GGGG Grandfather. How do I get Reunion to recognize the change as it lists my ancestral relationships?

Thanks!

Re: Changed ancestor but relationship sticks to original

Originally posted by Steve E View Post
    Hi -

I had "Isaac" for my GGGG Grandfather, but better evidence says it was his brother "Joseph". I changed the parent-child connection to the children below, and changed the Direct Ancestors Bold…but Isaac is still listed as my GGGG Grandfather. How do I get Reunion to recognize the change as it lists my ancestral relationships?

Thanks!
    Hi Steve,

You may need to refresh your relationships. See how in manual - search "The Source Person for Relationships" (without quotes). There are several ways to do this and this section shows them.

Hope this helps,
    Kaye
    Last edited by kmgenealogy; 17 May 2015, 07:54 PM.
    Kaye Mushalik
    -Muschalik (Poland), Stroop, Small (Ireland), Fitzsimons/Fitzsimmons (Ireland) Pessara/Pesaora/Pesarro/Pizarro (from Germany)
    -Dorrance, Eberstein, Bell
    -Late2015iMac27"Retina5K, MacOS10.14, iOS12.1, R12, Safari12.0

Comment

Hi Kaye -

That did it. Thanks. I figured there was some easy way but it was not immediately obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve E View Post
        Hi Kaye -

That did it. Thanks. I figured there was some easy way but it was not immediately obvious.
        Steve -

You're welcome.

When you upgrade to Reunion 11, the relationships will refresh automatically, except when you want to change the source person. Then use the routine you just used.
        Kaye Mushalik
        -Muschalik (Poland), Stroop, Small (Ireland), Fitzsimons/Fitzsimmons (Ireland) Pessara/Pesaora/Pesarro/Pizarro (from Germany)
        -Dorrance, Eberstein, Bell
        -Late2015iMac27"Retina5K, MacOS10.14, iOS12.1, R12, Safari12.0

Comment

Working...
        X