This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One family file; 2 computers; 2 users

This is probably so simple it is hard...... Two people want to work on a single family file on two different computers in 2 different locations and have not figured out how to export their respective input to each other. As always, any assistance greatly appreciated.

Re: One family file; 2 computers; 2 users

Originally posted by jrshannahan View Post
    This is probably so simple it is hard...... Two people want to work on a single family file on two different computers in 2 different locations and have not figured out how to export their respective input to each other. As always, any assistance greatly appreciated.
    First, there is the license issue: you really need two Reunion licenses, for two separate people on two separate computers.

Second: the simplest way to share the file might be to store it in DropBox, or some other sharing destination. BUT - when you want to work on the file, *always* drag it to your hard disk (*not* leaving it or a copy on the shared place) so that the absence of the file on "shared place" tells your pal that you are working on it. When you put the file back, the other person may work on it. This would act as a "locking" mechanism, to ensure that only one of you makes changes to the file at the same time.

P.S. If I were going to store my file in DropBox like this, I would keep a backup copy locally on my computer (and on my pal's computer) but never ever ever *work* on that backup copy. Keep it just in case the remote "share" location gets blown to smithereens or otherwise disappears some day.
    Deb

Comment

Working...
    X