This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dropbox Issue

This will probably strike long-time Dropbox users as a "dahhhhh...." issue, but as someone who is new to using Reunion 11 and who is keen to have it synced on my iMac and MacBook Pro, I need help with how Dropbox is supposed to work. I have moved my Reunion 11 family file and Sources folder into my Dropbox folder on my iMac. When I click on the family file, it opens just fine and when I check the actual location of the file on my iMac it shows it is in my Dropbox. Same with my Sources folder. So far so good. I have loaded Dropbox on my MacBook Pro, and when I go to that machine Dropbox shows the same two items in it - my Reunion 11 family file (a package?) and my Sources folder. When I click on my Sources folder, it opens and displays all my source documents. Good. However, when I click on the Reunion 11 family folder, a blank Reunion 11 family view appears. What am I doing wrong? Where is the populated family file that appears in Dropbox on my iMac? Thanks for any advice you can offer.

Re: Dropbox Issue

Without being there, my first reaction is that you might be opening two different files. To clarify things, I would go to the desktop on your iMac and change the name of your family file to something unique... even adding the word "Main" to the existing title would probably be enough to set it apart.

On your MBP, try to open the family file (with the new name) in your dropbox folder. If the name of the family file is correct in the title bar of the Reunion window, and the family file is still blank, I don't know what else to suggest. If the name is wrong and the file is blank, somehow you're opening the wrong file.

Also, the Reunion family file is, in fact, a package.
    Tim Lundin
    Heartland Family Graphics
    http://www.familygraphics.com

Comment

Thanks very much for responding. I followed your suggestion and renamed the Reunion folder and my source folder so I could make sure they were the ones in the dropbox folder. Between that and fiddling around with linking and relinking my dropbox folders I finally got it working! I'm not sure what I was doing wrong, but I think I had two different dropbox folders running and was mixing up where I placed the Reunion and source folders. Anyway, I've got what I want on both machines now, so thanks again for the helpful suggestion. Michael

Comment

Glad you got it sorted out.
        Tim Lundin
        Heartland Family Graphics
        http://www.familygraphics.com

Comment

Working...
        X