This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FireFox Wiil not keep History Log of GEMCOM

I have spent the last four days trying to find out what I have done wrong, and I can not get out of this mess.
    On Saturday or Sunday, FireFox inform me that a new version was available and did I want to install it.
    YES!
    It was installed, than when I started working with GenCom and Reunion to update my family links, I discovered
    that Fire Fox was not retaining the data that I had reviewed. In the past when I selected a name, it was than out
    line in Red and I could keep track, not to access it again. Also, the name was kept in the Fire Fox history file, so that
    I could access it the next day when I went back on line.

Now the strange part is that other links that I go to, will be in the Fire Fox history list, but nothing from Gen Com
    is saved or outlined in red. But there are some individual links that was looked at prior to the new fire fox being installed, that are outline in red, but they are not contained in the history log.

During my research of this problem, I have noted a couple of times a screen popping up stating that I am using a
    Beta Version of Fire Fox, but I can not verify that.

Has anyone encountered this problem, and would you be willing to help a person to correct his error?

I am using an IMac, with WF.

Thanks

Fred Holmes
    Lompoc, California
    Fred Holmes searching Holmes/Russell lines
    Lompoc, California

Re: FireFox Wiil not keep History Log of GEMCOM

For any of us to help, please explain what GEMCOM you are talking about. Googling that term comes up with a variety of things.
    Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
    Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
    iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Originally posted by Bob White View Post
      For any of us to help, please explain what GEMCOM you are talking about. Googling that term comes up with a variety of things.
      Bob
      I guess I did not provide the correct information. After getting your reply I have tried to get the file back on the
      screen but, now I get a screen that states that I am not authorized to access this server.

But, it is not GemCom, it is the program "gencircles". I can not gain access to the web page.

Any help would be appreciated.
      Fred Holmes searching Holmes/Russell lines
      Lompoc, California

Comment

Apparently gencircles is now myheritage.com
        rMBP, 15", 2.8GHz i7, 16G RAM, Reunion 12.0, iPhone 12 Pro Max, ReunionTouch

Comment

Working...
        X