Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

web output - videos

Hi,

I am thinking of upgrading to Reunion 11. I have version 10 but use version 9 most of the time.

I have a few questions. I have a website with some old videos in .mov format. I want to update those to a more modern format. When I come across a .mov file in my website I get a Plugin Message. You can check it out on the web page I've listed below. When you get to the page scroll down to the bottom to see the plugin message.

I am just getting started with this and am not sure what newer video codec to use. I wanted very much to just convert the .mov videos to .webm, as that format looked good, but Reunion 9 won't let me import the file.

To be honest, I wonder if I am making this harder than it needs to be. I'm hoping someone here will quickly see a simple fix and tell me what it is. That would be great.

Patrick

Re: List of supported video formats for web report

Greetings,

I have simply reformatted a few of the pages on my website that had videos in the .mov format, and changed the coding to HTML 5. Everything works now.

Patrick

Comment

The newer HTML5 <audio> and <video> tags were implemented in Reunion 11, about a year ago (in maintenance update 11.0.9).
      Frank Leister
      Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
        The newer HTML5 <audio> and <video> tags were implemented in Reunion 11, about a year ago (in maintenance update 11.0.9).
        Hi,

Yes, I see that now. I think I had been away from Reunion Talk for too long and missed a lot. Silly of me to have waited so long, but I finally saw the light.

So when I watched the "what's new" video for version 11 I was was impressed and bought it – a day or two ago, I think. I've started switching everything over to version 11. Importing old version 9 files was a breeze. "Islands" has been very helpful already!

I am going to update all of the pages on my websites to HTML5. It seems easier to use.

I have two websites now....

Last edited by Patrick923; 24 August 2017, 11:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X