This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

support group

Is there a support group or 'guru' in the Charleston, SC area for the current or recent version of Reunion?

Re: support group

Very likely, the local Mac User Group in your neighborhood would know that answer or your local genealogy society. You can locate the nearest MUG by using http://appleusergroupresources.com/find-a-group/.
    Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
    Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
    iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Originally posted by Ada R View Post
      Is there a support group or 'guru' in the Charleston, SC area for the current or recent version of Reunion?
      I'm not aware of a Mac User Group in the Charleston area.

The Charleston Chapter of the SC Genealogy Society meets third Sundays at 2:30 at the Masonic Lodge on Orange Grove Road, and its members are very helpful.

I am a Reunion User and am willing to help with those features of Reunion that I use regularly. I do not use Web publishing features. I live near Charleston. I may be contacted at lawrence5m@bellsouth.net.

Lawrence

Comment

Re: Engage the services of a Reunion software Tutor

I would like to engage the services of a Reunion software tutor, for a fee .

Download the latest version of Reunion onto my latest version iMac computer

Transfer my existing Reunion genealogy database (which has been dormant for the past few years) onto the new iMac computer.

Teach me how to use the new software.

Residence in the San Diego area is essential.

Please name your hourly fee and describe your Reunion experience.

Many thanks.

David

Comment

Originally posted by Lawrence E Moore View Post
          I'm not aware of a Mac User Group in the Charleston area.

The Charleston Chapter of the SC Genealogy Society meets third Sundays at 2:30 at the Masonic Lodge on Orange Grove Road, and its members are very helpful.

I am a Reunion User and am willing to help with those features of Reunion that I use regularly. I do not use Web publishing features. I live near Charleston. I may be contacted at lawrence5m@bellsouth.net.

Lawrence
          I am looking for someone who does what you do in the San Diego area. Can you help me ??
          I may be contacted at davidakatzman@yahoo.com
          David
          Last edited by davidakatzman; 21 September 2015, 11:53 AM. Reason: email address provided

Comment

Originally posted by davidakatzman View Post
            I would like to engage the services of a Reunion software tutor, for a fee .

Download the latest version of Reunion onto my latest version iMac computer

Transfer my existing Reunion genealogy database (which has been dormant for the past few years) onto the new iMac computer.

Teach me how to use the new software.

Residence in the San Diego area is essential.

Please name your hourly fee and describe your Reunion experience.

Many thanks.

David
            David,

See https://sdgs.wildapricot.org for the San Diego Genealogical Society web page. The Society offers classes and speakers. A recent topic on 8 August was "Genealogy on Your Mac" by Anne Alves. That speaker should be able to lead you to a tutor.
            Reunion has tutorials and an excellent manual under the HELP menu. I find it helpful to display the manual or tutorial on a second monitor (or TV) while I work in Reunion on my primary screen.
            San Diego is too far away. Good luck.

Lawrence
            Folly Beach--"The Edge of America" (East)

Comment

Originally posted by Lawrence E Moore View Post
              David,

See https://sdgs.wildapricot.org for the San Diego Genealogical Society web page. The Society offers classes and speakers. A recent topic on 8 August was "Genealogy on Your Mac" by Anne Alves. That speaker should be able to lead you to a tutor.
              Reunion has tutorials and an excellent manual under the HELP menu. I find it helpful to display the manual or tutorial on a second monitor (or TV) while I work in Reunion on my primary screen.
              San Diego is too far away. Good luck.

Lawrence
              Folly Beach--"The Edge of America" (East)
              Lawrence
              I am looking for the same as the West coast person.
              I am in Central Florida, east space coast. Know anyone? I am contacting my local Mac groups.
              Bill Mays
              Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Mays View Post
                Lawrence
                I am looking for the same as the West coast person.
                I am in Central Florida, east space coast. Know anyone? I am contacting my local Mac groups.
                Bill Mays
                Bill
                Bill, I don't really know any Reunion users in Florida. Local Mac groups are a good place to start. And local genealogy societies. But if you read the HELP files, and pose queries to ReunionTalk, you can do this without a helper.

If you're new to Mac, be sure to check out the Finder's HELP menu. In genealogy, you will be working with many files, and the Finder app is Mac's file manager. Start with the OS X overview; the second topic "New to Mac" has the basics for the Dock, the LaunchPad, the Finder (explore this in more depth), Spotlight, and Window Controls. As you become more familiar, return to these topics an explore in more depth for greater efficiency in handling files. A web search finds lots of online tutorial sites for OS X such as http://www.macforbeginners.com/articles/

Reunion is a database app that keeps up with your genealogy records and the sources of your information--information you enter or upload. It also allows you to attach picture files, scanned document files, web pages, and other files to your records as MULTIMEDIA. Reunion can print reports and charts using your records and files. Reunion has excellent HELP and a tutorial at HELP>Contents>Tutorial.

Sorry I can't offer a contact. I hope this is not too simplistic (I taught freshmen for too many years!)

Lawrence 🍷

Comment

Where in central Florida are you? I live in Brevard County..Local genealogy group had a Reunion group but we did not meet , just emailed each other. If you will email me with your problem, I'll try to find an answer. kerstetterf@myway.com

Comment

I'm brand new at this 'game". I have a LOT of information that my dad gathered that I need to enter. He was helped by my wife's grandmother who was a "professional" genealogist here in Santa Rosa. However, both are deceased. I'm just starting to take beginner classes through the local Junior College classes for older adults.. followed later by an advanced class and them roadblocks. I'm sure it could be more than my brain can absorb in one setting.. fortunately, each is part of an 8 week adventure. Don't know how long the roadblocks series is.

I'm hoping there might be someone in Sonoma County (Santa Rosa, etc) that is a Reunion user. I'll certainly have a question or two here that would be Reunion related.

Thanks, Bill Splaine
                    Bill Splaine- Santa Rosa, Sonoma County, California

Searching for: Splaine, Splain, Harney, Mahegan, O'Brien, Hess, Eckhardt, Ditges, Lindlau, Blumberg, Portz, O'Rourke, Seidenburg

Comment

Your local Mac User Group in Santa Rosa has a Genealogy SIG. Quoting from their website:

"Free to NCMUG members. Please see NCMUG’s Meetup page for more information.

We help each other discover our family histories and discuss resources for research. Most members of the SIG are using Reunion software from www.leisterpro.com, but we do not require this program."

Their website is at http://www.ncmug.org
                      Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
                      Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
                      iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Originally posted by Bob White View Post
                        Your local Mac User Group in Santa Rosa has a Genealogy SIG. Quoting from their website:

"Free to NCMUG members. Please see NCMUG’s Meetup page for more information.

We help each other discover our family histories and discuss resources for research. Most members of the SIG are using Reunion software from www.leisterpro.com, but we do not require this program."

Their website is at http://www.ncmug.org
                        Thank you for that help.
                        Bill Splaine- Santa Rosa, Sonoma County, California

Searching for: Splaine, Splain, Harney, Mahegan, O'Brien, Hess, Eckhardt, Ditges, Lindlau, Blumberg, Portz, O'Rourke, Seidenburg

Comment

Working...
                        X