Old G5 too new Imac

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old G5 too new Imac

I have a G5 Mac with Reunion 6. I wonder if this would work on my new iMac using HighSierra. Any suggestions would be appreciated as to what one should do.

Thank You

Re: Old G5 too new Imac

Originally posted by Lawrence Schilla View Post
    I have a G5 Mac with Reunion 6. I wonder if this would work on my new iMac using HighSierra. Any suggestions would be appreciated as to what one should do.

Thank You
    As far as I know, it will NOT work. May not even convert your family file(s) with Reunion 12. However, I am sure Leister will be able to do it for you. If, by chance, they cannot; you could send yourself a gedcom of your file(s) from the G5 to your new iMac via email or thumb drive, then import with Reunion 12.
    rMBP, 15", 2.8GHz i7, 16G RAM, Reunion 12.0, iPhone 12 Pro Max, ReunionTouch

Comment

Re: Old G5 too new Imac

Originally posted by SGilbert View Post
      As far as I know, it will NOT work.
      You're right - Reunion 6 will not run on High Sierra.

May not even convert your family file(s) with Reunion 12.
      Reunion 12 is capable of converting Reunion 6 family files to 12's format, though you may need to add a file extension (.familyfile). More information can be found in this FAQ.

Lawrence:

In order to work with your data in Reunion under High Sierra you would need to upgrade to Reunion 12, then transfer your family files from the old Mac to the new one using one of the methods outlined here, and finally convert them to Reunion 12 as outlined in this FAQ.

HTH
      Mark Harrison
      Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Working...
      X