Rats!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rats!

Due to some circumstances that I have little control over, I am going to have to leave the Mac world and join in with the (shudder) Windows bunch. Reunion is the only app I'll miss on the PC side.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a genealogy program for that side of the computer world? Preferably, something comparable to, and compatible with, Reunion? I tried to look online, but there are so many, and the reviews so varied, that I gave up and thought I'd ask all y'all.

Thanks in advance for help or suggestions you can provide.

Re: Rats!

Originally posted by Bucky MacConaghy View Post
    Due to some circumstances that I have little control over, I am going to have to leave the Mac world and join in with the (shudder) Windows bunch. Reunion is the only app I'll miss on the PC side.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a genealogy program for that side of the computer world? Preferably, something comparable to, and compatible with, Reunion? I tried to look online, but there are so many, and the reviews so varied, that I gave up and thought I'd ask all y'all.

I highly recommend Legacy Family Tree. Although I am a Mac/Reunion person through and through, I have been very impressed with this software. They do have a free version which is really a "lite" version that you can use as long as you wish if you don't need all the bells and whistles. However, it sounds like you need more. I'd try the free version to see if you like it at all. If yes, then the full version is not very expensive. They were recently bought by MyHeritage.com and, with the next version, be able to sync with MH.
    See www.legacyfamilytree.com

I truly love their Webinar series. It is free for anyone. They have great webinars about how to use Legacy but they also have tons of webinars about specific genealogy subjects. These are all free for the webinar and in their archives for a week. Except for the Legacy specific ones, after a week, the webinars become a part of the archive membership which you have to pay for. I have been a member for several years. If I miss a webinar that I would like to see, I know I can see it later at a time that is good for me. See www.familytreewebinars.com

Hope this is helpful,
    Kaye
    Kaye Mushalik
    -Muschalik (Poland), Stroop, Small (Ireland), Fitzsimons/Fitzsimmons (Ireland) Pessara/Pesaora/Pesarro/Pizarro (from Germany)
    -Dorrance, Eberstein, Bell
    -Late2015iMac27"Retina5K, MacOS10.14, iOS12.1, R12, Safari12.0

Comment

Re: Rats!

Originally posted by Bucky MacConaghy View Post

I have a friend who likes Roots Magic

Comment

Working...
      X