This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Relationships Randomised

Several of the relationships shown on my tree are bizarre, and in a random way. Most are fine, but then a weird one occurs. For example I have been entering the ancestors of my son's new partner into the tree. She is shown as the '2nd cousin of [my] spouse' (she isn't!), while her father as the 'GG grandfather of [my] spouse, while her mother shows as the 'spouse of the GGG uncle of [my] spouse'! And its not just my daughter-in-law. As another random example, one of the brothers of a 3G grandfather is rightly shown as a 3G uncle, and his children as my 1st cousins thrice removed. However, some of their children, all by definition the same relation to me (2nd cousins twice removed) are shown as a 10G grandmother, some as an11G grandfather! And there are many other weird examples. Has anyone else experienced this, and do you have suggestions about how to fix it? (it occurs in both Family View and Tree View and I have tried turning it off and on again in Tree View)

Re: Relationships Randomised

Originally posted by Stuart Hamilton View Post
    Several of the relationships shown on my tree are bizarre, and in a random way...do you have suggestions about how to fix it?...
    Have you tried recalculating your relatives?

To do that, open your family view (where you are shown beside your spouse). Then, drag your name onto "Relatives" in the Sidebar list on the left (or open the Relatives sidebar on the right and drag your name into it).

Does that take care of the problem?
    Deb Stuller
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Too easy! I must have set up the relationship links under Reunion 9 where I think it worked entirely differently (and maybe in translating it into 10, that's when the gremlins crept in). I didn't even know about that facility in 10. thanks very much.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuart Hamilton View Post
        Too easy! I must have set up the relationship links under Reunion 9 where I think it worked entirely differently (and maybe in translating it into 10, that's when the gremlins crept in). I didn't even know about that facility in 10. thanks very much.
        Thank you! I was about to ask the same question, as a new cousin was calculated to be my 6 great-grandfather (he wasn't) I recalculated the relationship, and he's back to 2C2R, as he should be.

Comment

Well that was easy. I didn't have any relationships showing so I thought "oh it is broke." Forgot in Reunion 9 I had to designate a person and 10 just used that but in 11 it needed this easy fix.
          David Condit
          www.condit-family.com

Comment

Working...
          X