X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Screen Capture Program

Originally posted by Frank Zwolinski View Post
    Michael,
    Thank you for this, however I spent several minutes on the phone with SnagIt and they confirmed that their software will NOT do what I want. Their scrolling feature will only work on the full document, in this case the full book, NOT just one page. Rather disappointing as that is why I bought the application.

Frank
    Frank,

Actually, the name is Brian. But that's not why I'm replying.

I stand by what I said about Snagit Scrolling Capture... Where I was wrong was the archive.org site. The archive.org site employs an embedded scrolling function -- which is not the same as your browser scrolling features.

I tested Snagit on the page you were looking at. Snagit did indeed scroll the web page, but as you learned, Snagit did not scroll the content using the embedded page controls.

The second option I suggested was stitching screen shots.

FWIW, I prefer Photoshop Elements over the Flip Pal bundled software (which I also use) simply for the difference in quality of the final image. To Bob White's point, price is a valid tool selection criteria. My criteria is quality.

For grins and giggles, I snagged/grabbed 8 overlapping screen shots of page 1128 and stitched them together for you. I uploaded that document (~5.5MB):

archive.org stream polkscrockerlang1944dire page 1128.jpg

- Brian
    Attached Files
    Brian Walker

Comment

To all who contributed to this thread:

Thank you for your time. I am now using Michael's idea of "right click." It works just fine and is fast. I was not aware of how to use a "right click" on the Mac, but a Google search helped out there.

Bob, thanks for you affirmation of SnagIt; I will pland on exploring the options later when I have a bit more time.

Again,
      To all, THANK YOU!! My problem is now solved.

Frank
      Frank Zwolinski
      Researching: Zwolinski, Zubris, Ward, Wichlacz, Six, Sidney/Sypniewskie, Rickner, Mulligan, McElroy, Maciejewski, Loisy, Lindsay, Konjey, Konieczki, Janick, Ellis, Cornish, Chlebowski, Sass, Soch.
      MacBook Pro, OS X 10.8.5, Reunion 11, FireFox 38.0.5, Safari 6.2.2

Comment

The Mac OS has many shortcuts, These are the ones for Screen Capturing

SCREEN SHOTS
        Apple+Shift+3 Take a picture of the screen*will leave a .png file on desktop
        Apple+Shift+4 Take a picture of the selection*will leave a .png file on desktop
        Apple+Shift+4, Control Take a picture of the selection, place in clipboard
        Apple+Shift+4, Spacebar Take a picture of the selected window*will leave a .png file on desktop

Alain
        Alain Farhi
        http://www.farhi.org

Comment

SO MUCH more to learn!!
          Thank you Alain.
          Frank
          Frank Zwolinski
          Researching: Zwolinski, Zubris, Ward, Wichlacz, Six, Sidney/Sypniewskie, Rickner, Mulligan, McElroy, Maciejewski, Loisy, Lindsay, Konjey, Konieczki, Janick, Ellis, Cornish, Chlebowski, Sass, Soch.

Comment

This is exactly what I do, and it works really well.

Even better: Copy not just that page, but the title page, copyright page, etc. with the page(s) you want into one document--that way you have everything properly sourced!

Originally posted by jcmurphy View Post
            Here is an alternate way to do the same thing. This should give you a PDF that is much more readable. I am assuming the book can be downloaded from Archive.org as a PDF. I am also assuming you are using a somewhat current version of the Mac OS X. (yes, I do remember what happens when I assume!)

- Download the needed book from Archive.org as a PDF
            - Open the PDF in Preview
            - In Preview go to View and click on Thumbnails
            - In the Thumbnails area find the needed page and click on it
            - Drag this page from the Thumbnails area and drop it on your Desktop
            - Close the PDF you downloaded from Archive.org (you should be done with it).
            - Open the new "dragged" file. It should open as a PDF and it should only be a single page.
            - Done!

Hope this helps!
            Bradley Jansen
            OS 10.15.2 on a MacBook Pro using Reunion 12 and ReunionTouch 1.0.9

Comment

Bradley - I create the same single document with the same pages (title page, copyright page, etc.). A 100 page document is too big but a concise four or five page document is just right! This becomes a nice piece of multimedia for my Sources.

Frank - if you are interested, Kaye added good information about Preview at:
              Jon

iMac late-2015 (iMac 17,1) and macOS Sierra version 11.12.x
              Reunion 11.x & Safari 10.x

Comment

Originally posted by B Jansen View Post
                Even better: Copy not just that page, but the title page, copyright page, etc. with the page(s) you want into one document--that way you have everything properly sourced!
                Bradley, I am not sure how to combine three or four pages copied this way into one document, unless I print them and rescan. Could you please explain?
                Thanks,
                Frank
                Frank Zwolinski

Comment

While there are other ways, if you are saving these as PDFs, you can combine them in guess where? Yep, Preview. Look at the second of Kay's references. There is a paragraph on how to do this about half way through the article.
                  Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
                  Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
                  iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Working...
                  X