Delete general source

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Delete general source

I wish to delete the general source for some records. I can open the person, click the general source, hit the delete source button, and the citation disappears. Clicking done, shows the general source I thought I deleted was still there.

I saw a much older post that nearly describes this situation. I had marked a large number of people that I wanted to add this general source to. I then used the "Change" panel to add that source to all of the marked people. The old post seemed to suggest that these sources cannot be removed. That is what I am finding. Because I had marked a lot of records from a search, I didn't realize that some of those should not have been included. How can I delete this general source from these records?

Thanks,
    PW

Re: Delete general source

Hi Peter,

Clicking done, shows the general source I thought I deleted was still there.
    It sounds like there's a minor issue with this source citation.

If you're willing to send us your family file we should be able to correct the issue and return a fixed file to you. For details on how to send your family file to us, please see this FAQ.

Please be sure to include details on the person that the source citation you're unable to delete is linked to - e.g. name, birth date, Person ID #, etc.

HTH
    Mark Harrison
    Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Working...
    X