Entry in 'Death' Field

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Entry in 'Death' Field

If I do not enter any information in the 'Death' field sometimes Reunion calculates a current age figure based on the 'Birth' date. This can result in a ridiculously old age being presented for early generations. Yet on other occasions when no Death information is entered Reunion doesn't present an age. I've looked in the Preferences and Help but cannot find what determines the calculation of age. What am I missing?
    Robin
    Victoria, Australia

Re: Entry in 'Death' Field

Originally posted by Robin Helmond View Post
    If I do not enter any information in the 'Death' field sometimes Reunion calculates a current age figure based on the 'Birth' date. This can result in a ridiculously old age being presented for early generations. Yet on other occasions when no Death information is entered Reunion doesn't present an age. I've looked in the Preferences and Help but cannot find what determines the calculation of age. What am I missing?
    OK, this is Reunion 12 instructions but it works as I recall similarly in R11.

Preferences --> Date Preferences --> Feasibility Checking --> set "Age greater than XXX is considered not living." to the age you want.

If you set it to say, 100 years old, then Reunion will consider any person with a birth more than 100 years ago to be dead and won't calculate their age.
    Dennis J. Cunniff
    Click here to email me

Comment

Blow, I looked at that page, but didn't make the connection. That explains why it appeared random. Thanks Dennis. Hopefully I will remember next time.
      Robin
      Victoria, Australia

Comment

I suggest you set it to 105 at least. My grandmother made it to 101, and an acquaintance was recently mentioning a grandparent at 105 !!

Comment

Originally posted by baddorfdeb View Post
          I suggest you set it to 105 at least. My grandmother made it to 101, and an acquaintance was recently mentioning a grandparent at 105 !!
          I agree, my brother-in-law's mother, who is included in my family file, is 104 and could be 105 (we hope) in Dec.
          Kaye Mushalik
          -Muschalik (Poland), Stroop, Small (Ireland), Fitzsimons/Fitzsimmons (Ireland) Pessara/Pesaora/Pesarro/Pizarro (from Germany)
          -Dorrance, Eberstein, Bell
          -Late2015iMac27"Retina5K, MacOS10.14, iOS12.1, R12, Safari12.0

Comment

Working...
          X