Dates on Family Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dates on Family Card

How do I show the most recent date on the family card, for an event that has multiple entries. For example, for the I have residence dates from the various census' entered, so someone could have a 1920, 1930 and 1940 residence entry. But the only one that shows on the family card is the 1st one I entered. Is there a way I can sort events so that the most recent would always show on the family card?

Thanks!

Kellie
    Kellie

MacBook Pro (mid 2012), 2.7 GHz, 1TB SATA, 8GB
    Catalina v. 10.15.7

Re: Dates on Family Card

Originally posted by Kell75 View Post
    How do I show the most recent date on the family card, for an event that has multiple entries. For example, for the I have residence dates from the various census' entered, so someone could have a 1920, 1930 and 1940 residence entry. But the only one that shows on the family card is the 1st one I entered. Is there a way I can sort events so that the most recent would always show on the family card?
    If I am understanding what you are wanting, you will need to manually sort the residences for each person in the Edit Person/Events panel so the most recent residence is shown above the other residences. (I.e., they can be dragged and dropped within the Edit Person/Events panel.)

However, if you are okay with showing all residences for each person on the family view (i.e., what we used to call the family card), a less time-consuming alternative could be to add the Smart List field (for Events) to the family view. This would show all events for that person on the family view.

Information about the Smart List field and how to add it to the family view can be found in your manual by searching for "smart list" and "add field family," respectively. To access the manual, open your family file and choose Help -> Contents or click on the "?" in the lower-left corner of just about any Reunion window.

I hope you find this information helpful
    Deb Stuller
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Working...
    X