Note Field Order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Note Field Order

Is it possible to display the note fields in the alphabetical order. Misc. Notes appears first and I have others which I would like to appear before Misc. Notes.

Many thanks.

Peter

Re: Note Field Order

Originally posted by Peter Abbott View Post
    Is it possible to display the note fields in the alphabetical order. Misc. Notes appears first and I have others which I would like to appear before Misc. Notes.

Many thanks.

Peter
    It is possible to drag and drop notes fields to any order you wish. As it not likely one would have a large number of different notes fields this may not be a bother. This can be done in the field preferences where the order would apply to everyone, or individually for a person.
    Robin
    Victoria, Australia

Comment

Robin

Thanks. I moved away from Reunion some years ago to a pc. Fortunately I have recently acquired a Macbook Pro so ported the gedcom back to Reunion, as I was extremely happy with the software on Macs.

I have had to bulk move some events to a new note field and these new note fields are below the Misc. Note which has been generated automatically for every person. I need to sort the Notes into order for several hundred individuals.

I cannot see any automatic way.

Peter

Comment

Robin

Thanks. I moved away from Reunion some years ago to a pc. Fortunately I have recently acquired a Macbook Pro so ported the gedcom back to Reunion, as I was extremely happy with the software on Macs.

I have had to bulk move some events to a new note field and these new note fields are below the Misc. Note which has been generated automatically for every person. I need to sort the Notes into order for several hundred individuals.

I cannot see any automatic way.

Peter
        Welcome back to Reunion. If you were to sort them once in Preferences>Fields>Default Person Events the order should apply to everyone. That is, I trust I understand your query correctly.
        Robin
        Victoria, Australia

Comment

Robin

Thanks, I am still re-learning all the facilities. I cannot see a sort in the preferences and change only applies to events not notes.

Peter

Comment

Robin

Thanks, I am still re-learning all the facilities. I cannot see a sort in the preferences and change only applies to events not notes.

Peter
            In Preferences -> Fields -> Notes the list on the right is titled "Default Person Notes." Right now, in that list, I have "Misc.Notes," "Military,""Research." I can click and hold on any of those items and drag them up and down to put them in the order I want.

Hope this helps.
            John Bastin
            jbastin1@me.com
            Researching: Bastin, Decker, Brake, Perry, Schmid, Sheppard, Matty, Fox, Orr, Eicher
            Mac OS X 10.13.4, Reunion 12.0 (Build 180502) 64-bit

Comment

John

Thank you for your reply. The preferences does not effect notes already attached to an individual. I need to sort the notes for all individuals.

Peter

Comment

Working...
              X