X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Online Historical Maps

Originally posted by kmgenealogy View Post
    Hmm, just thinking. What browser are you using?
    That question got me thinking, so I fired up Firefox and everything works perfectly under Firefox. I wonder why Safari screws things up.
    ............Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Stupinski View Post
      That question got me thinking, so I fired up Firefox and everything works perfectly under Firefox. I wonder why Safari screws things up.
      May be some extension/plug-in you have in Safari. Safari 7.0.5 works fine for me.
      Kaye Mushalik
      -Muschalik (Poland), Stroop, Small (Ireland), Fitzsimons/Fitzsimmons (Ireland) Pessara/Pesaora/Pesarro/Pizarro (from Germany)
      -Dorrance, Eberstein, Bell
      -Late2015iMac27"Retina5K, MacOS10.14, iOS12.1, R12, Safari12.0

Comment

May be some extension/plug-in you have in Safari. Safari 7.0.5 works fine for me.
        Thanks,Kaye. That did it. The first extension in the list was 'clea.nr Videos 5.0' Didn't sound like something really important to me so I deleted it. Now the USGS site works as it should.
        ............Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Stupinski View Post
          Thanks,Kaye. That did it. The first extension in the list was 'clea.nr Videos 5.0' Didn't sound like something really important to me so I deleted it. Now the USGS site works as it should.
          Yippee!! We did it!

Edit: Additional: Did you have that extension on both machines?

Congratulations
          Kaye
          Last edited by kmgenealogy; 22 July 2014, 12:45 AM. Reason: Added question.
          Kaye Mushalik
          -Muschalik (Poland), Stroop, Small (Ireland), Fitzsimons/Fitzsimmons (Ireland) Pessara/Pesaora/Pesarro/Pizarro (from Germany)
          -Dorrance, Eberstein, Bell
          -Late2015iMac27"Retina5K, MacOS10.14, iOS12.1, R12, Safari12.0

Comment

Yippee!! We did it!

Edit: Additional: Did you have that extension on both machines?

Congratulations
            Kaye
            Interesting. I just started up the laptop and checked, and it did NOT have that extension installed, but the USGS site works fine on it now. I just do not understand that but I will, of course, accept it. On the other hand, I'll keep checking whenever I run that machine, which is not too often.
            ............Mike

Comment

Mike,
              Congratulations!!!!
              Enjoy,
              Frank
              Frank Zwolinski
              Researching: Zwolinski, Zubris, Ward, Wichlacz, Six, Sidney/Sypniewskie, Rickner, Mulligan, McElroy, Maciejewski, Loisy, Lindsay, Konjey, Konieczki, Janick, Ellis, Cornish, Chlebowski, Sass, Soch.
              MacBook Pro, OS X 10.8.5, Reunion 11, FireFox 38.0.5, Safari 6.2.2

Comment

Working...
              X