Two existing records marry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two existing records marry

I have on my data base records of two individuals, each have links to parents and grandparents. Both people lived in the 19th Century.
    For example, I have Agnes as the daughter of Thomas and Mary and I have John as the son of Richard and Alice.
    In fact John and Agnes are first cousins.
    I found out that they were married.
    I want to get them into their own family record even though they didn't have children.
    I tried to leave John where he was and bring Agnes to his record using the method shown in the manual under the heading "Marrying two people who were entered separately".
    That worked except I lost Agnes' connection to Thomas and Mary.
    Is there any way that I can achieve my objective of having John and Mary as a single family but still showing connection to their families.

Re: Two existing records marry

Originally posted by cebazat View Post
    ...I lost Agnes' connection to Thomas and Mary.
    Is there any way that I can achieve my objective of having John and Mary as a single family but still showing connection to their families.
    Yes, of course you can. I think you must have misunderstood the instructions in the manual. I suspect you dragged Agnes from her family card rather than from the sidebar?

Anyway, if I understand correctly, what you *now* want to do is attach Agnes to her parents.

[1] go to Thomas and Mary's family card
    [2] have the "People" sidebar showing with Agnes visible
    [3] drag Agnes from the sidebar to the children area of Thomas and Mary's family card.
    Dennis J. Cunniff
    Click here to email me

Comment

Re: Two existing records marry

Originally posted by Dennis J. Cunniff View Post
      Yes, of course you can. I think you must have misunderstood the instructions in the manual. I suspect you dragged Agnes from her family card rather than from the sidebar?

Anyway, if I understand correctly, what you *now* want to do is attach Agnes to her parents.

[1] go to Thomas and Mary's family card
      [2] have the "People" sidebar showing with Agnes visible
      [3] drag Agnes from the sidebar to the children area of Thomas and Mary's family card.
      Thank you Dennis. All correct now.

Cebazat

Comment

Working...
      X