Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Can I ADD a coloured TAG to people who I have a DNA Match with?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Can I ADD a coloured TAG to people who I have a DNA Match with?

Sorry if this has been asked before,
    I am trying to ADD a coloured TAG to the people in my tree who I have DNA MATCH with.
    I must be slow, as I can’t for the life of me work out how to do this.
    Any help greatly appreciated.
    Regards Trish

P.S. I have been through the help files on Reunion 12 tried to follow directions with no luck at all.

Re: How Can I ADD a coloured TAG to people who I have a DNA Match with?

Originally posted by P C Jamieson View Post
    Sorry if this has been asked before,
    I am trying to ADD a coloured TAG to the people in my tree who I have DNA MATCH with.
    You could make a flag called "DNA match", set it for the people who you have a DNA match with, and when you create the color tag, choose the rule "People with flag checked..."
    Dennis J. Cunniff
    Click here to email me

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis J. Cunniff View Post
      You could make a flag called "DNA match", set it for the people who you have a DNA match with, and when you create the color tag, choose the rule "People with flag checked..."
      Thank you Dennis,

I appreciate your reply I am still having trouble, when I try to do the setting for a FLAG it won’t let me do one person at a time.
      Trish

p.s.
      Do you know what am I doing wrong? Maybe there is a video I cam watch online to make it easier for me to understand.

Comment

I just tried to do a color tag for the DNA matches to my sister. I had already created a flag that says DNA-Barb. When I went to do a colored tag, I just selected it from the list of flags I had already created and found the one that said, DNA-Barb and I selected that one. Does that help?
        2020 M1 MBP, iPhoneXS, iPad Air 3

My Ancestry ID is: mrstucci1972

My GEDmatch is A353507. I am also on 23andMe, FTDNA and MyHeritage.

Comment

Originally posted by mrstucci View Post
          I just tried to do a color tag for the DNA matches to my sister. I had already created a flag that says DNA-Barb. When I went to do a colored tag, I just selected it from the list of flags I had already created and found the one that said, DNA-Barb and I selected that one. Does that help?
          Thank you Barb,
          When I look at FLAG and select one I made for DNA matches it gives me an open to select all people, all marked people, or all unmarked people.
          I really just want to ADD a flag to each individual person as I find the DNA match.
          Regards Trish

Comment

Originally posted by P C Jamieson View Post
            Thank you Barb,
            When I look at FLAG and select one I made for DNA matches it gives me an open to select all people, all marked people, or all unmarked people.
            I really just want to ADD a flag to each individual person as I find the DNA match.
            Regards Trish
            On the top left family button it will say "default" or perhaps another view that you have created. Click on the "default" and the drop down menu will show "Family view preferences' near the bottom. Click on that and you will be able to add the field "Flags" in the family view.

Then under "Change", "set flags", create your DNA flag.

When you find a person in your tree who shares DNA with you, click that person's flag field and select your DNA flag.

Under "Change", "Color tags", add your DNA flag as a coloured tag.
            Last edited by Ian Jones; 03 June 2018, 08:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X