Finding male direct children

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finding male direct children

I like to find out which person is both male + direct descendant of the progenitor in my family file. This in order to join a DNA research project. It must be easy but when I mark male descendants in Reunion 11 I get all males but I like to see the direct line. I hate to ask this for it must be easy. So Father-Son-Grandson G-Grandson and so on. Thanks for your help. Regards Rene

Re: Finding male direct children

Originally posted by Rene van Wijngaarden View Post
    I like to find out which person is both male + direct descendant of the progenitor in my family file. This in order to join a DNA research project. It must be easy but when I mark male descendants in Reunion 11 I get all males but I like to see the direct line. I hate to ask this for it must be easy. So Father-Son-Grandson G-Grandson and so on. Thanks for your help. Regards Rene
    Let's take Philip the Duke of Edinburgh as an example. We'll call him Phil.

[1] go to Phil's card. Mark all descendants (unmark all first, don't mark spouses).
    [2] find all people where "Sex is female" and "Person Marked is Yes".
    [3] unmark everyone in the found list (use the check menu at the bottom of the Results sidebar)
    [4] make a descendants chart from Phil, with "Marked descendants only".

You'll get the chart you're looking for.
    Attached Files
    Dennis J. Cunniff
    Click here to email me

Comment

Thanks a million Dennis, I just did the trick and it worked beautiful, Great and very quick reply. Have a nice day. Regards Rene

Comment

Originally posted by Rene van Wijngaarden View Post
        Thanks a million Dennis, I just did the trick and it worked beautiful, Great and very quick reply. Have a nice day. Regards Rene
        You're most welcome.
        Dennis J. Cunniff
        Click here to email me

Comment

Working...
        X