Family pets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Family pets

I seem to recall a way of entering information about family pets, but now I can't find it. Does anyone know? Thanks.

Re: Family pets

Originally posted by John Tomlinson View Post
    I seem to recall a way of entering information about family pets, but now I can't find it. Does anyone know? Thanks.
    I entered mine as Children.
    Kevan Yuck, RU~13.0 (Build: 210616) 64-bit, macOS 11.4
    Search - Hebner, Hein(s), Keuhl, Wilke, Juch, Yuch, Yuck, Yuke

Comment

Originally posted by kyuck View Post
      I entered mine as Children.
      This came up a longgg time ago. I think you enter pets as children then under the status field you can create a tag for dog, cat, turtle, whatever Just as you might mark children, twin, adopted etc.

Comment

Originally posted by genealogist.lily View Post
        This came up a longgg time ago. I think you enter pets as children then under the status field you can create a tag for dog, cat, turtle, whatever Just as you might mark children, twin, adopted etc.
        Yes, but I always thought of that as more of a joke illustrating that a child status could be anything you want than a practical means of data entry. I would suggest just entering information about pets in a misc. note, because the other solution means that in a decade people will be wondering why their maiden auntie Elvira named her children Fido, Snuggles, Fluffy, Spike, and Miss Skittles.
        Last edited by Dennis J. Cunniff; 27 November 2017, 11:33 PM.
        Dennis J. Cunniff
        Click here to email me

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis J. Cunniff View Post
          Yes, but I always thought of that as more of a joke illustrating that a child status could be anything you want than a practical means of data entry. I would suggest just entering information about pets in a misc. note, because the other solution means that in a decade people will be wondering why their maiden auntie Elvira named her children Fido, Snuggles, Fluffy, Spike, and Miss Skittles.
          Thanks Dennis -- I got a good chuckle out of this, and I think you are right. it could, eventually, lead to confusion. Could have sworn I saw an option to indicate "pet" somewhere in the program, but must have imagined it. Thanks, John
          Last edited by John Tomlinson; 29 November 2017, 09:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by John Tomlinson View Post
            Could have sworn I saw an option to indicate "pet" somewhere in the program, but must have imagined it. Thanks, John
            Family Pet is there as an option under 'Status' of an individual.
            Click the 'Children' bar above the children in family view and go to 'Batch Entry'. There you can access 'Status' of the children.
            rMBP, 15", 2.8GHz i7, 16G RAM, Reunion 12.0, iPhone 12 Pro Max, ReunionTouch

Comment

Originally posted by SGilbert View Post
              Family Pet is there as an option under 'Status' of an individual.
              Click the 'Children' bar above the children in family view and go to 'Batch Entry'. There you can access 'Status' of the children.
              YES! Thank you. Knew I had seen it somewhere. This will be useful.

Comment

I'm pretty new at this but remember coming across that and thought it was in the vein of "Mom always liked her best!" ;-)

Pat

Comment

Working...
                X