Converting from Reunion 9 to 11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Converting from Reunion 9 to 11

I just bought an upgrade from version 9 to 11 using a gedcom file. I was quite happy with my "old" version, but was interested in the new options. However, I am rather confused and have quite a few, let's call them challenges:
    1. All Notes disappeared
    2. All photos also
    3. The sources got new numbers
    4. When trying to arrange the Family View window by the Family View Preferences, I pressed the bottom "Delete view" and was unable to restore it by the bottom "Restore Defaults".
    Did I do somethng wrong?
    I do hope some one will be able to help me.

Re: Converting from Reunion 9 to 11

Lili-
    Do not update from an old Reunion version to Reunion 11 using GEDCOM to export and then import into a new empty family file. Depending how you did this you can lose data and fields.

Instead, you should open the old family file directly from inside the new version of the Reunion application. One way is to launch Reunion 11 and then go to File>Open and use the window that opens to navigate to your old (Reunion 9) version of your family file. A new version of your family file will then be created that is compatible with Reunion 11.

Also make sure you are using the very latest up-to-date version of Reunion 11 by going to Reunion > About Reunion. It should say version 11.0.11.

If after doing all the above you are still having issues, please seek help again from the ReunionTalk community.
    Byron Spoon

Comment

Originally posted by ByronSpoon View Post
      Lili-
      Do not update from an old Reunion version to Reunion 11 using GEDCOM to export and then import into a new empty family file. Depending how you did this you can lose data and fields.

Instead, you should open the old family file directly from inside the new version of the Reunion application. One way is to launch Reunion 11 and then go to File>Open and use the window that opens to navigate to your old (Reunion 9) version of your family file. A new version of your family file will then be created that is compatible with Reunion 11.

Also make sure you are using the very latest up-to-date version of Reunion 11 by going to Reunion > About Reunion. It should say version 11.0.11.

If after doing all the above you are still having issues, please seek help again from the ReunionTalk community.
      Thank you so much for your response, You helped me before! I'll follow your instructions and come back if I still have problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Lili Kress View Post
        Thank you so much for your response, You helped me before! I'll follow your instructions and come back if I still have problems.
        Unfortunately I still have problems, but not the same! Sources are f.ex. mixed up, and there are other things. What can I do?

Comment

Hi Lili,

I'd recommend sending the Reunion 9 family file to us, along with specific details on the problems you're seeing in the converted file (including screenshots may help). We should be able to determine the cause of the problem and fix it.

For details on how to send us the Reunion 9 family file, please see this FAQ.

Thanks,
          Mark Harrison
          Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Working...
          X