Deleted DropBox File

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deleted DropBox File

I deleted the Reunion 11 file from the DropBox on my iMac and have entered more data in ReunionTouch on my iPad. Is there any way to get the file from RT on the iPad back into the DropBox.
    Thanks
    Wayne

Re: Deleted DropBox File

Originally posted by Wep1 View Post
    I deleted the Reunion 11 file from the DropBox on my iMac and have entered more data in ReunionTouch on my iPad. Is there any way to get the file from RT on the iPad back into the DropBox...
    Before offering suggestions, it may be helpful to know when the file was deleted from Dropbox? (I.e., within the past week, month, etc.)
    Deb Stuller
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Deb View Post
      Before offering suggestions, it may be helpful to know when the file was deleted from Dropbox? (I.e., within the past week, month, etc.)
      Thank You for the quick response. I deleted the file just a few Hours before I posted the query. Nope, I don't use Time Machine.
      Thanks
      Wayne

Comment

If you haven't emptied your Trash, the file is still sitting in your Trash. Check and see if you are lucky or not.
        Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
        Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
        iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Thank You for the quick response. I deleted the file just a few Hours before I posted the query. Nope, I don't use Time Machine.
          Thanks
          Wayne
          Aside from Bob White's suggestion of looking in your Trash, you should be able to restore the deleted file by logging into your Dropbox account in your browser…

Dropbox helps you simplify your workflow. So you can spend more time in your flow.

Then, click on the Trash can in the upper right corner.

Next, select "Show Deleted Files" from the menu.

Finally, select your family file and click the "Restore" button.

After Dropbox to finishes syncing, open your family file in ReunionTouch.

I hope this information is helpful for you
          Deb Stuller
          Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Deb View Post
            Aside from Bob White's suggestion of looking in your Trash, you should be able to restore the deleted file by logging into your Dropbox account in your browser…

Dropbox helps you simplify your workflow. So you can spend more time in your flow.

Then, click on the Trash can in the upper right corner.

Next, select "Show Deleted Files" from the menu.

Finally, select your family file and click the "Restore" button.

After Dropbox to finishes syncing, open your family file in ReunionTouch.

I hope this information is helpful for you
            Thanks Everyone

I guess that the moral of this story is to keep a relatively up to date copy of the main file backed up on some form of external media. The file that I deleted was not an important file, it can easily be replaced. Checking the trash was a brilliant idea however I emptied both. At least you can always revert back to the last version 10 family file, at least until the next Reunion upgrade.

Thanks
            Wayne

Comment

...... Checking the trash was a brilliant idea however I emptied both...........
              Thanks but it is actually a routine first question when someone comes to me saying that they trashed a file by mistake. My guess is that somewhere around ⅔ had not. I would hope that you start some kind of backup scheme.
              Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
              Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
              iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Working...
              X