Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to open Reunion 5 files in Reunion 11?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to open Reunion 5 files in Reunion 11?

Dear all,

some years ago I filed all data in Reunion 5 files. At that time Reunion ran under Mac OS 9 and the processor of my mac was a PowerPC. The files had no extension like .familyfile11.

Now I am running macOS Sierra and I had a first impression of Reunion 11 by testing the demo. Awesome, what has happened meanwhile.

How could I read my Reunion 5 files? They are stored parallel to the Resource-Fork file. Could I import them directly into Reunion 11?

Does anybody have experience migrating from Reunion 5 to a later revision, e.g. 8?

Any help appreciated.

Best regards
    Ronald

Re: How to open Reunion 5 files in Reunion 11?

Originally posted by wichern View Post
    Does anybody have experience migrating from Reunion 5 to a later revision, e.g. 8?
    You should write the help desk at help@leisterpro.com
    I think they'll be able to help you out.
    Dennis J. Cunniff
    Click here to email me

Comment

They already helped.... See this page: http://www.leisterpro.com/doc/versio...wtoupgrade.php. Reunion 11 goes back as far as version 5 according to this information.
      Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
      Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
      iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Originally posted by Bob White View Post
        They already helped.... See this page: http://www.leisterpro.com/doc/versio...wtoupgrade.php. Reunion 11 goes back as far as version 5 according to this information.
        Hey Bob, that helps a lot!

However, my first try opening a small file with the demo version revealed an error message: demo could not open files with more than 50 entries. I am pretty sure, it is less than 50.

I will update reunion the next time and will try the import on the full version. Thanks, again!

@Dennis: hopefully I don't have to rely on the leisterpro help desk... ;-)

Comment

Hi Ronald,

You're receiving that message because the demo can't upgrade family files (it's one of several restrictions of the demo).

If you'd like to test upgrading your files before purchasing Reunion 11, please send us an email requesting a Trial License Code. The Trial License Code will allow you to use Reunion 11 with all features enabled (including upgrading of family files) for a limited time.

You should send the email to help@leisterpro.com

HTH
          Mark Harrison
          Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Working...
          X