X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Data Base

Originally Posted by sgtbob View Post
    I'm a bit late in viewing this message traffic, but am interested in the DVP software for my genealogy projects. Could you expand on how you set up the connection between those in Reunion 10 and the DVP? I have about 5,000 photographs and some 5,000 Documents (.pdf, .doc, etc) scanned into my MAC (Mac --> home --> Genealogy --> Docs or Pictures). The DVP program looks promising to keep track of all that paper and scanned data, so I would appreciate some guiding information on how you set up your system and how to use - you can send to me offline at 's2f@cox.net' to preclude using the forum since some folks might not be interested in the details.

Bob
    Originally posted by Allsop View Post
    Privately emailed you Bob
    I am very interested in this. My email is marcirish@___.com
    Marc Irish

Comment

Hi Marc-- If it’s OK with you, I’ll send you a reply off-line at the email address you listed. Discussions on the use of DEVONthink Pro and Pro Office can get into the weeds pretty quickly even when one tries to keep the altitude of discussion at 20,000 feet!

Terry

Comment

Hi Terry
        Would you mind sending some information on how you use DTP, too?
        My email is janedavies at me dot com
        Many thanks
        Jane

Comment

I've sent you an email directly, Jane. I want to avoid discussing third-party apps on Leister's nickel. If something develops that will be of general interest to the ReunionTalk forum, we can move back here.

Terry

Comment

Terry,

Please send me those instructions for using Devonthink Pro and Reunion together.

Thanks

melvin.schneider@gmail.com

Comment

Hi Terry,

I too am exploring DTP for my files and would be very pleased with your information on how to use DTP with Reunion. If you could send me your 'set up' instructions I would be very gratefull. My email is jw.mesenig at xs4all dot nl

Thanks,
              Jan
              Jan Mesenig
              MacBook Pro (intel i7)
              macOS Monterey V12.6
              Reunion 13.0 (221018)

Comment

Originally posted by Terry Smith View Post
                Hi Marc-- If it’s OK with you, I’ll send you a reply off-line at the email address you listed.
                Terry
                Hi Terry, I'd also appreciate your notes on DTP & Reunion. My direct email is
                susanrogers [at] earthlink [period] net.

Many thanks,
                Susan

Comment

DEVONthink operates very differently from other databases: it is more document centric. To get started, you just need to set up a system of folders aka groups much like one would in the finder.

There is a discussion of DEVONthink and genealogy hereon yet he devontechnologies forum: http://forum.devontechnologies.com/v...hp?f=7&t=23429

Where I share how I set up my database. Re union talk user Allsop is also a member and has chimed in as well.it might be easier to carry on the discussion of DEVONthink over there, rather than working via PMs and emails.
                  Last edited by steveoc; 17 January 2017, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Thanks for this link. Very helpfull information.

Jan
                    Jan Mesenig
                    MacBook Pro (intel i7)
                    macOS Monterey V12.6
                    Reunion 13.0 (221018)

Comment

Originally posted by Lauren Mallory View Post
                      Andrew, Would you also be willing to email me with some basic information on how you initially set up your data on DVT and how you link it to Reunion? I have downloaded a trial version of DVT and am wondering if this is more program than I need. BUT I have a GREAT need to organize my scanned documents! Many are stored, sort of organized, in my documents folder, but my entire 24" desktop is covered at the moment & I am feeling paralyzed. I can be reached at zweeder at verizon dot net.
                      On the DEVONthink user forum, I discussed how I organized my genealogy database:

I know many genealogy researchers use or are interested in using DEVONthink.i’d like to share ideas about using DEVONthink for genealogical research.

Andrew has added his voice to the thread as well.

Comment

Working...
                      X