X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The "Little Picture of a face" on the Source Citation

hi there

When I fill in the Source Citation of an event, there is a little empty cell in between the source name itself and the detail. There is a little Picture of a face above the cell.

I think that it will show how many multimedia items are linked to that source citation, BUT exactly how do you link a Multimedia item to that source? My cells remain empty; I can not enter anything in that cell, so the program must do it for me. HOW?

Please can someone explain to me what, when, how, why etc is the purpose of that little cell!!

Re: The "Little Picture of a face" on the Source Citation

Just drag the multimedia item to that source and BOOM...there it is!
    At least that is what I've been doing on the few sources I"ve added multimedia to. LOL

Comment

Thanks for this; when I do as you suggest, yes, I get a green "+" at the cursor, BUT when I let go of the mouse button on the source, nothing happens. No indication that I have linked anything!

Comment

I may have left out a step - you have to double click to open up the source then drag it into the multimedia pane there.

OR....another thought - instead of going into the source, check to see if it added it to the person's actual multimedia (double-click on their picture on the family card).....I guess it kind of depends on where you "drop" the multimedia item where it gets attached...so make sure you get the green plus sign in the exact source/fact you want to add the multimedia to.

[Note: I'm not a Reunion tech support person - just a user hoping to help! LOL]

Comment

Originally posted by jamills706 View Post
          I may have left out a step - you have to double click to open up the source then drag it into the multimedia pane there.

OR....another thought - instead of going into the source, check to see if it added it to the person's actual multimedia (double-click on their picture on the family card).....I guess it kind of depends on where you "drop" the multimedia item where it gets attached...so make sure you get the green plus sign in the exact source/fact you want to add the multimedia to.

[Note: I'm not a Reunion tech support person - just a user hoping to help! LOL]
          I guess I should have also commented that I am using Reunion 11 - if you are on an earlier version, your experience might be different.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill H View Post
            hi there

When I fill in the Source Citation of an event, there is a little empty cell in between the source name itself and the detail. There is a little Picture of a face above the cell.

I think that it will show how many multimedia items are linked to that source citation, BUT exactly how do you link a Multimedia item to that source? My cells remain empty; I can not enter anything in that cell, so the program must do it for me. HOW?

Please can someone explain to me what, when, how, why etc is the purpose of that little cell!!
            Open the Source Window. At the top of the source the tab or button on the far right is Multimedia. Click on this. Now drag whatever you want to add to this section.
            This is explained in the Manual under "Multimedia in Source Records".
            Hope this helps.
            Sara Bradley Mason
            kywiaz at gmail dot com

Comment

Thanks Sara ....
              nicely explained and very successful ..
              regards Bill

Comment

Working...
              X