Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing appearance of Family View

Hello,

Just wondering if it's possible to change the appearance of the Family View colors to flat uniformed color instead of the default gradient color? I see that I can change the sex color but can not find or figure out how to change the appearance of the color.

Is this possible in Reunion?

Thanks,

Janeen

Re: Changing appearance of Family View

Originally posted by Janeen View Post
    Hello,

Just wondering if it's possible to change the appearance of the Family View colors to flat uniformed color instead of the default gradient color? I see that I can change the sex color but can not find or figure out how to change the appearance of the color.

Is this possible in Reunion?

Thanks,

Janeen
    I, too, have this question, for both Family View and Tree View. In my case, I am about to offer a presentation, and I'm finding that the gradient is a visual distraction. On a (necessarily) white background, the color grading to white distracts, as each box fades out at the top. Thanks Leister Productions!

Fred

Comment

You can get in the ballpark of what you're describing by reducing the saturation of colors in the buttons.

Here's one way to do this...

From the menus, choose Reunion > Preferences > Family View > Miscellaneous.
      In the "Sex colors" section, click "Male."
      Click "Color Panel" (near the bottom of the default palette).
      The Mac OSX Color Panel will appear.
      Click the 2nd icon at the top.
      Select "HSB Sliders" from the pop-up (it may default to this).
      Decrease the "Saturation" slider control.
      This doesn't actually remove the gradient; but the effect is to reduce it.
      (Of course, you'll want to do the same thing with the female button colors.)
      Frank Leister
      Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
        You can get in the ballpark of what you're describing by reducing the saturation of colors in the buttons.

Here's one way to do this...

From the menus, choose Reunion > Preferences > Family View > Miscellaneous.
        In the "Sex colors" section, click "Male."
        Click "Color Panel" (near the bottom of the default palette).
        The Mac OSX Color Panel will appear.
        Click the 2nd icon at the top.
        Select "HSB Sliders" from the pop-up (it may default to this).
        Decrease the "Saturation" slider control.
        This doesn't actually remove the gradient; but the effect is to reduce it.
        (Of course, you'll want to do the same thing with the female button colors.)
        Thanks very much Frank; perhaps I had already reduced Saturation. I had gone into those preferences, and while I don't remember exactly what I had tried, when I checked just now, I see those Saturation percentages are at 27 and 22%. I can see that raising them would make the gradient stand out even more. But at these levels, my eye still finds the fade-to-white distracting.
        -- Fred

Comment

In my experiments, the saturation was reduced to between 5%(female) and 7%(male). Examples below...
          Attached Files
          Frank Leister
          Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Working...
          X