This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Evernote type products

I've seen/heard several people say that Evernote and similar programs are very useful. I've looked at Evernote a bit, but I don't see how it's adds to Reunion. If I find a source or document, webpage etc I can add it directly into Reunion ie: into the notes tab you can even do video.

So what am I missing?

thanks
    J Sadler

Re: Evernote type products

I can't speak for anyone else, but I do all of my research and organizing of information outside of Reunion. All media files (photographs, birth, marriage and death records, notes, letters, etc) are digitized and stored in a searchable database. I use DevonThink Pro Office.

EVERYTHING goes into it. For me, Reunion is just a way to make sense of all my data. Any note I enter into Reunion is already stored in that person's folder in DevonThink.

I use Reunion's Family or Person sheets, print to Word, then store those in DevonThink as well.

I find a lot of benefits to this. It's easy, if someone would like copies of my records, to send them folders containing relevant files from DevonThink. I can send it along with a report from Reunion. I can share these folders with anyone, on any system. I can't do that with my files in Reunion, other than in report form.

Comment

Re: Evernote type products

I'm using Evernote for a lot even outside of genealogy. When I find something relevant on the web, it is so easy to clip it into Evernote. I can add tags to download later, to enter data into reunion, etc and it syncs across all of my devices. That makes it incredibly easy to always have access to my sources. One example, I was out at the cemetery with a cousin last fall, and I knew I had an obit for an individual, but I had not yet had time to enter the information into my database. It was very simple to open Evernote on my phone and show her the obit.
      Researching DEBEE, FRERICHS/FREDERICKS, HAHNENENKAMP, JANCO, KOLK, PETRINI, WEISS

http://familytreesandbranches.weebly.com
      http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.....com/~ilrootz/

Comment

Working...
      X