This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

File Size Shrunk - What is Missing?

I recently copied my Reunion 10 working file from my Desktop onto my Mac Laptop, but now that I go to put my Laptop version back onto my Desktop (because I have updated and added to the Laptop copy) I notice the Laptop file is smaller than the original Desktop file.

How can the Laptop file, to which I have added a number of people, be only 5.2MB whereas the original file the Laptop file was copied from is 7MB?

How can I find out what has been stripped out as multimedia and sources still appear to be intact?

Many thanks
    EM O'Connell, NZL

(I can't remember which process I used but either 'Export Reunion Family File' or I just copied & dragged the latest familyfile across to my laptop drive).

Re: File Size Shrunk - What is Missing?

Originally posted by EM O'Connell View Post
    I recently copied my Reunion 10 working file from my Desktop onto my Mac Laptop, but now that I go to put my Laptop version back onto my Desktop (because I have updated and added to the Laptop copy) I notice the Laptop file is smaller than the original Desktop file.
    If the index or cache files have been rebuilt, it's entirely possible for the file to change size without anything being lost.
    Dennis J. Cunniff
    Click here to email me

Comment

Re: File Size Shrunk - What is Missing?

Originally posted by Dennis J. Cunniff View Post
      If the index or cache files have been rebuilt, it's entirely possible for the file to change size without anything being lost.
      Phew, thanks so much Dennis, that's very reassuring as I couldn't see anything missing, but also couldn't work out how to find and cut out what I had added to the laptop file and re-enter the lot into the original file .. I was on my way to getting a bit stressed!

Thanks again
      Elizabeth

Comment

Working...
      X