This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMPORTING Problems to v8.06

Helping relative with research, easiest way to read is to import their data in my old v8.06.

PROBLEM: my v8.06 is NOT reading GEDCOM 5.5 written in ANY of the character sets tried ANSEL, UNICODE etc.

Have created new Reunion file and then tried to use IMPORT function to bring in the data, but import progress bar shows it beginning but then it stalls and refuses to continue.

GEDCOM is generated from a PC gen program, PAF v5.

HELP don't know where to go next or do what ?

Re: IMPORTING Problems to v8.06

I vaguely remember the solution was to have the PAF on the PC to generate a GEDCOM 5.0 file instead. Might not be right; digging into dusty corners of the gray matter.
    Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
    Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
    iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Re: IMPORTING Problems to v8.06

Originally posted by Bob White View Post
      I vaguely remember the solution was to have the PAF on the PC to generate a GEDCOM 5.0 file instead. Might not be right; digging into dusty corners of the gray matter.
      THANKS, Bob, quick check, and my PAF ONLY gives me the GEdCOM v5.5 option, BUT I remeber there being several other options in the past.

There are several PAF export options for PAF 5, 4, 3, 2.1, Ancestral File, Pedigree Resource File, Temple Ready for Windows & DOS. So . . . ?

Comment

Working...
      X