This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding same data to multiple people

Gidday all. I'm new to Reunion after using The Master Genealogist for a number of years.

One of the features of TMG was the ability to add data using keyboard shortcuts. For instance, adding the same date to a field for multiple people was done using F3. This was useful, for example, when a family migrated and I wanted to record their arrival in each case.

Is this available in Reunion - or is their another way?

Looking forward to your advice.

Shane

Re: Adding same data to multiple people

Originally posted by ShaneB View Post
    One of the features of TMG was the ability to add data using keyboard shortcuts. For instance, adding the same date to a field for multiple people was done using F3.
    There are some useful shortcuts, but I don't know of one that replicates the "repeat last date" function you describe. You could copy the date and paste it into each new person (you could also copy the whole event in the first person's card, and paste it into each additional person's card.)

However, there are:
    command-" in a place field = repeat last place name
    command-r = repeat last source

If you look up (that is, search for) "command key shortcuts" and "letter key shortcuts" in the manual you will find many more listed.
    Dennis J. Cunniff
    Click here to email me

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis J. Cunniff View Post
      There are some useful shortcuts, but I don't know of one that replicates the "repeat last date" function you describe. You could copy the date and paste it into each new person (you could also copy the whole event in the first person's card, and paste it into each additional person's card.)

However, there are:
      command-" in a place field = repeat last place name
      command-r = repeat last source

If you look up (that is, search for) "command key shortcuts" and "letter key shortcuts" in the manual you will find many more listed.
      Thanks Dennis.

I'll look into that.

Comment

Originally posted by ShaneB View Post
        Gidday all. I'm new to Reunion after using The Master Genealogist for a number of years.

One of the features of TMG was the ability to add data using keyboard shortcuts. For instance, adding the same date to a field for multiple people was done using F3. This was useful, for example, when a family migrated and I wanted to record their arrival in each case.

Is this available in Reunion - or is their another way?

Looking forward to your advice.

Shane
        If you are wanting to create as in your example an immigration event that was the same for multiple people, you can create that event for the first person, link a source to it and save that person, then re-open that person for editing, and you can then Copy that entire event and its associated source(s) and then simply paste that in to the Edit person window of any other person it is applicable to.

At the field level, you can use Command-apostrophe to repeat the last entry made into a particular field for a person - so for your migration example, ⌘- - will enter the last date in the date field, the last place in the place field for the Migration event (although in this case copying and pasting the entire event and its associated source will be much easier).

Roger
        Roger Moffat
        http://lisaandroger.com/genealogy/
        http://genealogy.clanmoffat.org/

Comment

Originally posted by theKiwi View Post
          If you are wanting to create as in your example an immigration event that was the same for multiple people, you can create that event for the first person, link a source to it and save that person, then re-open that person for editing, and you can then Copy that entire event and its associated source(s) and then simply paste that in to the Edit person window of any other person it is applicable to.

At the field level, you can use Command-apostrophe to repeat the last entry made into a particular field for a person - so for your migration example, ⌘- - will enter the last date in the date field, the last place in the place field for the Migration event (although in this case copying and pasting the entire event and its associated source will be much easier).

Roger
          Thanks Roger.

Comment

Working...
          X