upload from Reunion 11 to Ancestry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

upload from Reunion 11 to Ancestry

I would like to upload my genealogy from Reunion to Ancestry in a Gedcom file, but would like to do one family at a time. I would like to do my maternal side, then paternal side. Is that possible? I have my son-in-laws family in Reunion which I do not want to add and my grandson's dad's family, which I also don't want to add. I hope I am making sense.

Re: upload from Reunion 11 to Ancestry

Originally posted by nancyl44 View Post
    I would like to upload my genealogy from Reunion to Ancestry in a Gedcom file, but would like to do one family at a time. I would like to do my maternal side, then paternal side. Is that possible? I have my son-in-laws family in Reunion which I do not want to add and my grandson's dad's family, which I also don't want to add. I hope I am making sense.
    It is entirely possible to do this. The use of Flags and Marking records will be your friends in this process. Both can limit who is on, or not on any given list of relatives. Once generated, a simple find will give the desired results.
    Arnold
    -----
    RESEARCHING: FRIESLAND (Holland); NEW BRUNSWICK (Canada); Maine, NYS & NJ (USA)

Comment

Arnold, thank you for your response. Now, I just have to figure out how to do this. I guess I have some reading to do.

Nancy

Comment

You can have as many family trees as you like but basic Ancestry does not have a Merge function. You would have to pay extra to use the off-line tools.
        Also the Gedcom does not support multimedia so you would have to add these manually unless you use the off-line tools.

Comment

Working...
        X