This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yosemite - person search

Since upgrading to Yosemite, when I search for a specific name I know to be in my file, the results window shows a very thin line at the top of the results column on the far right, pink for lady, tan for a male. The thin line is too thin to hold any name but when I carefully click on the colored line in the search results, the proper family card shows up. For many, this may appear to be a problem where a search does not seem to work. The little thin line is pretty easy to miss.

Any body else having this problem? I see no discussion of it.

As an aside, Yosemite is not going to work well on a mid 2007 iMac unless you upgrade RAM. Otherwise it will be very sloooow. I maxed out the memory (6) and installed a solid state drive and have renamed my mac "Speedy Tom".

Re: Yosemite - person search

Originally posted by bob101 View Post
    Since upgrading to Yosemite, when I search for a specific name I know to be in my file, the results window shows a very thin line at the top of the results column on the far right, pink for lady, tan for a male. The thin line is too thin to hold any name but when I carefully click on the colored line in the search results, the proper family card shows up....
    Haven't heard of any similar issue yet. Please send a screen shot example to the help@leisterpro.com email address, so we can take a closer look.
    Frank Leister
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
      Haven't heard of any similar issue yet. Please send a screen shot example to the help@leisterpro.com email address, so we can take a closer look.
      It is in its way to you

Comment

It is in its way to you
        Frank: I sent the screen shots and replied to your message. Any progress on a fix for this problem?

Comment

Hi Bob,

We did receive your e-mail and are looking into the issue, my apologies for not yet getting back to you. At this time we don't have an estimate on a fix.
          Mark Harrison
          Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Mark: I got message a long time ago that said you were able to replicate the problem I have described. I have not heard from anyone at Reunion since. Is there a fix for this?

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
              Frank: Any progress on a fix for this yet?

Comment

Bob,

I think what you are seeing here is that that list is scrolled up just a little bit. When you see the thin line at the top of the list, simply scroll the list down.

This problem is unique to Yosemite and we are working on a fix.

Sorry for taking so long to get you an answer.
                Gregg Witmer

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                  Bob,

I think what you are seeing here is that that list is scrolled up just a little bit. When you see the thin line at the top of the list, simply scroll the list down.

This problem is unique to Yosemite and we are working on a fix.

Sorry for taking so long to get you an answer.
                  I have another app (ChronoSynch) that shows this same silliness under Yosemite - when there's only 1 item in the list, it's not visible at first because that single line is scrolled up out of view.

Roger
                  Roger Moffat
                  http://lisaandroger.com/genealogy/
                  http://genealogy.clanmoffat.org/

Comment

This is STILL not fixed in Reunion 10, and now, when I use an ftp client to upload my genealogy on-line the upload hangs at a file titled: fh_idx001.htm. I get an error message that says "Time out after 20 seconds of inactivity. File Transfer failed after transferring 2010883 bytes in 22 seconds. I have spent 1.5 days trying to figure out the problem and conclude that it must be related to the indexing of surnames in Reunion, and perhaps related to the problem of the list of surnames not rendering properly. Is anyone else having trouble uploading reunion10 web files to their genealogy website?

Subsequent note: I rebuilt the cache files and it seemed to help some with the file transfer, though it took many, many tries to get it transferred. You can rebuild the cache file by going to the "File" tab and selecting "rebuild cache" at the bottom of the list. It seems to rebuild the surname index, so I am hoping it also fixes this line across the top of the people list. Any one else have ideas about this?
                    Last edited by bob101; 22 June 2015, 08:48 PM. Reason: Subsequent discovery

Comment

This is STILL not fixed in Reunion 10
                      I believe Apple fixed this problem in OS X Yosemite 10.10.3, released back in April.

However, if you're still seeing a problem with 10.10.3, the work-around is the same as mentioned earlier in this thread: simply scroll up to see the first line in the list if it's not visible.

Also, you might consider upgrading to Reunion 11...

...and now, when I use an ftp client to upload my genealogy on-line the upload hangs at a file titled: fh_idx001.htm...

...and conclude that it must be related to the indexing of surnames in Reunion, and perhaps related to the problem of the list of surnames not rendering properly.
                      I don't think that any problem with your ftp software is related to a cosmetic list scrolling issue in Reunion 10 and Yosemite.

How large is your "fh_idx001.htm" file? Based on your message it appears to be at least 2 MB. Perhaps this file is too large to be uploaded to your web space and you need to break your index down into multiple pages. This can be done in the Web Preferences > Index / Surnames settings window.
                      Gregg Witmer

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                        I believe Apple fixed this problem in OS X Yosemite 10.10.3, released back in April.

However, if you're still seeing a problem with 10.10.3, the work-around is the same as mentioned earlier in this thread: simply scroll up to see the first line in the list if it's not visible.

Also, you might consider upgrading to Reunion 11...

I don't think that any problem with your ftp software is related to a cosmetic list scrolling issue in Reunion 10 and Yosemite.

How large is your "fh_idx001.htm" file? Based on your message it appears to be at least 2 MB. Perhaps this file is too large to be uploaded to your web space and you need to break your index down into multiple pages. This can be done in the Web Preferences > Index / Surnames settings window.
                        Thanks. I will give this suggestion a try.

Comment

Thanks. I will give this suggestion a try.
                          I was able to upload my large file. I agree that the problem I had probably had nothing to do with the way the "find people" function has been operating. I continue to have a problem with the find people function. If there is only one person in the file that meets my criteria I get a thin line at the top of the list. In the past, I could click on that thin line and my record would appear OK. Now, even that does not work. And, I could never scroll up or down past it to get it to work, as some have suggested. I would like to upgrade to Reunion11 but hesitate to do so if this problem will persist. Is there a fix for this? An explanation?

Comment

If there is only one person in the file that meets my criteria I get a thin line at the top of the list. In the past, I could click on that thin line and my record would appear OK. Now, even that does not work. And, I could never scroll up or down past it to get it to work, as some have suggested.
                            You might want to download the demo version of Reunion 11 to see if the problem is still present on a small family file of one or two people. You can download the demo version of Reunion 11 from here…
                            Gregg Witmer

Comment

Working...
                            X