Problem with Book Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with Book Report

I am trying to make a book report of the transported convicts in my wife's direct ancestral line:
    Unmark everyone
    Find flag "direct line" and flag "convict", mark the 9 resulting
    Reports, Book, Ancestor, check my wife
    7 generations
    Prune Marked ancestors only
    Create Book Project.

All I get is one generation and that is my wife who was not marked (nor transported), which includes a page with my wife's picture and information, a picture of me, and in the index are listed the two of us plus her parents.

What am I doing wrong?

Re: Problem with Book Report

Originally posted by Ian Jones View Post
    I am trying to make a book report of the transported convicts in my wife's direct ancestral line:
    Unmark everyone
    Find flag "direct line" and flag "convict", mark the 9 resulting
    Reports, Book, Ancestor, check my wife
    7 generations
    Prune Marked ancestors only
    Create Book Project.

All I get is one generation and that is my wife who was not marked (nor transported), which includes a page with my wife's picture and information, a picture of me, and in the index are listed the two of us plus her parents.

What am I doing wrong?
    After searching the help file for answers, I do believe you are attempting the impossible. Since the ancestor report (book or otherwise) is generational in nature, if there is a break in the chain, Reunion simply stops because it has failed to find any links. Thus, it reports only what it was able to find. In your case you have ended up with a worst-case scenario – a totally useless report.

The only way to solve this problem as I see it from afar, is to generate a PERSON SHEET report with the Marked People flag checked. That will generate nine (9) mini reports (one for each of your convicts). It will not be pretty and in book form, but it does give you what you need.
    Arnold
    -----
    RESEARCHING: FRIESLAND (Holland); NEW BRUNSWICK (Canada); Maine, NYS & NJ (USA)

Comment

Re: Problem with Book Report

Thank you Arnold, that is what I suspected.

I was hoping I would get confirmation from LeicesterPro, and perhaps a new book type for the next release. Surely I cannot be the only one who wants a selective book. "Marked ancestors only" indicated to me that it was possible. Reunion is a great program, in size as well as quality, so I am not familiar with all it's capabilities.

I was going to do another booklet on our military ancestors, a number significantly greater than 9 given the two world wars, but alas not linked in all generations. It seems, for the moment at least, your suggested work around might be the best approach for that one.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
      X